Tuesday, November 26, 2024

Tortilla Quiche


 I made a small tortilla quiche just to try it out.  It is a nice change for breakfast.

2 eggs

1/2 c cottage cheese

1 tortilla (I use whole wheat)

1/2 red pepper cut into bits

a few spinach leaves

salt and pepper to taste

1/2 c shredded cheese


Lay the tortilla into a pan so that the tortilla edges curl up the side a bit

Mix in the eggs and cottage cheese

Add salt, pepper, vegetables and top with shredded cheese

Bake at 350F for 25 mins until eggs are set

26 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

I somehow missed your lasts post (but checked), hmmm, this sounds yummy and yes, we should really return and use cottage cheese!

roentare said...

That looks yum

R's Rue said...

Yum.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Ivy's Closet said...

I need to try this right now! Thanks so much!

My name is Erika. said...

That's a really interesting quiche. I bet it's yummy.

Angie's Recipes said...

Looks great and bet it tastes super too.

Lisabella Russo said...

Mmm, that looks yummy!

Kathy G said...

What a great idea! I will have to look around for the kitchen for an appropriate-sized pan.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

This looks amazing, Christine! I'll have to try it sometime.

CheerfulMonk said...

It does look good!

LoveT. said...


The food looks so good, yummy

Jenn Jilks said...

Yummy!

DeniseinVA said...

That does look good, on my rotation now. Thank you Christine :)

Rostrose said...

Thist sounds and looks delicious, dear Christine!
I hope you have a wonderful time, Traude

J.P. Alexander said...

Te quedo muy rica. Gracias por la receta.

Ananka said...

Sounds interesting :-D

DVArtist said...

Ohhh thanks for the recipe. I'm making this tomorrow.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I have never made Quiche.

ALLIE NYC said...

Oooo this looks good and not that hard to make. Thanks for posting this recipe!

Allie of
www.allienyc.com

Christine said...

Hi Allie!

baili said...

i was thinking about making some thing like this just to check it out
oh my we thought similarly :)
looks great

Lowcarb team member said...

It does look good.

All the best Jan

Tanza Erlambang said...

yummy..... thank you for sharing recipe.

Kay said...

You are such a wonderful cook, Christine.

DeniseinVA said...

Looks wonderful!

Lorraine said...

Yum.