Thursday, November 28, 2024

Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date - 'Packages' theme and Red Onion Pickle

Welcome to Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date's 'Packages' theme! This is my ACEO (2 1/2" x 3 1/2").
For the Dinner Date, I made a red onion pickle using a recipe from @alexrioscooks on Instagram.  I am not a fan of eating raw onions but when they are pickled they are so delicious.

2 red onions sliced from root to end
2 c water
2 c vinegar
1/3 c sugar
2 tbs salt
4 garlic cloves
2 tsp peppercorns
2 bay leaves


 Slice 2 red onions root to end. Separate into 2 16 oz mason jars along with peppercorns, bay leaves and garlic cloves. Boil water, vinegar, sugar and salt. Whisk until everything is dissolved. Pour this liquid into the jars and submerge the onions. Place in fridge for an hour or more. Enjoy!


The pickled red onions were sooo good with avocado in my salad.

25 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Nice sketch for the theme.
And hmmm, that salad looks yummy.

roentare said...

Gifts in bag are very happy looking

Kokopelli said...

The red onions sound delicious. Need to give them a try. :)

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh, so sweet! Love the art! thank you so much for the recipe! Just what I needed!

🌺JoAnna I. - K.🌺 said...

Oh, just bought red onion, thanks for the recipe!

Angie's Recipes said...

I like pickled red onions too!

My name is Erika. said...

Nice holiday drawing Christine. And I've never seen pickled red onions before, just the little white ones. I bet they are a tasty addition though. Have a super rest of your day.

Jenn Jilks said...

I like pickled everything!

Lisabella Russo said...

Lovely art and the salad looks delicious!

baili said...

i like your art dear friend
lovely package!
pickle looks yummy

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Your art is beautiful and reminds me to start Christmas shopping, Christine. Blessings!

Gillena Cox said...

Mine is HERE

Much♡love

Open Your Heart to Gardening said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I hope it's a good one!

CheerfulMonk said...

Wow! The picture, pickled onions, and salad. Sounds perfect.

J.P. Alexander said...

Linda pintura. Gracias por las recetas.

Tom said...

...Christine, I hope that you will find a package or two under your tree.

Granny Annie said...

I forgot to slice the avocados for our feast yesterday and now I am glad because they are all mine today.

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a great sketch.
The salad looks good to me.

All the best Jan

LoveT. said...

Both simply wonderful.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I can't eat raw onions but I love avocado.

Kay said...

Oh yum! I do love pickles!

By the way, I'm sorry about my TV Trauma post getting posted in a weird place. I was moving my posts around to fix something else in for Monday and hit the wrong date. Darn!

Jeanie said...

Those onions sound fantastic!

Ananka said...

Lovely art and nice idea. I like to pickle things :-D

DeniseinVA said...

Both look great! I like pickled onions a lot.

Lorraine said...

Love your art work. Salad looks very tasty.