Monday, November 4, 2024

Europe Continued - Cartagena and Tarragona Spain

 We visited the ancient city of Cartagena Spain (not Columbia).  The stairs down into the Roman Theatre (built 5-1 BCE) were very steep.


Cartagena Lighthouse

Cartagena Roman Theatre

Cartagena

Our next port of call was Tarragona.  We walked the medieval Old Town.



We would come to the end of our cruise in Barcelona where we left the ship and spent a few extra days.

To be continued.

24 comments:

roentare said...

This town street is filled with ceramic stones?

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh, it does look like a great place to tour. Not sure how I feel about those steps though. Such wonderful photos!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

The Roman ruins are so fascinating, Christine, and I loved taking this tour with you today. Blessings!

Christine said...

Roentare they are polished stones that I remember being dangerously slippery as it was raining that day, made it worse

Granny Annie said...

Glad you enjoy and share your travel. I just cannot imagine how tired I would be.

gigi-hawaii said...

I could never do those stairs with my bad knees.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Amazing place!

My name is Erika. said...

Wow, this looks like another great place to visit Christine. Happy new week to you!

R’s Rue said...

Beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

So beautiful! I can do up, but downstairs,oh, nooo....

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful photos, you had a wonderful cruise. Hugs!

Hena Tayeb said...

Wonderful Looks like such a great trip.

🌺JoAnna I. - K.🌺 said...

Spain is beautiful!

DeniseinVA said...

I am enjoying your holiday very much Christine and thanks for sharing all the sights you saw. Lovely!

Rostrose said...

Very nice travel memories, dear Christine! I was in Tarragona in 1981 (so it was quite a while ago 😉)
I wish you a nice November!
All the best from Austria, Traude

J.P. Alexander said...

España es muy bella. Te mando un beso.

CheerfulMonk said...

I could probably do the steps, but making good use of the handrail!

Unknown said...

Nice trip Christine...
Barcelona is a nice place to visit...i like their architecture...

Christine said...

There was no handrail!

Kay said...

This is so cool! We were in Spain but didn't see a Roman theatre there.

Ananka said...

Great photos Christine. We've been to northern Spain but fancy exploring more. We went on a road trip when my daughter was 6 months. Drove all the way down to the port in England, ferry over to France, drove all down France then to Spain. We were visiting my friend. I met her on Blogger in the early 2010s through my nail polishes blogs and we exchanged numbers in 2017 and visited in 2019. I am hope we can get back to see her again soon. :-D

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Cartagena's Roman Theater would be an amazing site to see.



Anonymous said...

Looks a good cruise.
I visited Barcelona and Tarragona many, many years ago.

All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

Busy Bee Suz said...

Wow---so much history in this old place. It's lovely!