Welcome to Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! Here is my pizza (2 1/2" x 3"), not quite ACEO size.
3 pie pumpkins
2 tbs olive oil
1 onion chopped
1 tbs salt
3 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp tumeric
1/2 tsp ground cardamom (I left this out as I didn't have any)
1 can coconut milk
2 1/2 c chicken broth
1 tbs apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 c water
Preheat oven to 400F
Cut pumpkins in half, scoop the seeds out, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Bake them cut side down for 40-60 min until softened.
When it cools, scoop out the flesh and mash with masher. Heat oil in a soup pot, soften onions, garlic. Add salt, pepper and spices. Add sqush, coconut milk, broth, water. Stir in vinegar. Blend with an immersion blender.



18 comments:
The cake looks yummy
Oh, such a foodie post! I would love to have that soup today!
Good morning your soup sounds delicious and I love your latest painting.
Delicious! I love pumpkin soup and bread, thanks for the recipe! Your painted pizza turned out well. Have a good November day, hug Elke
I love pumpkin. The soup looks great.
Delicious!
Yum.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com
Unfortunately, I've never developed a taste for pumpkin anything. Blessings, Christine!
Love the pizza drawing and want some pumpkin soup.
I like that pizza art and your soup sounds delicious.
I love pumpkin, that recipe sounds great. 😊
I make pumpkin pancake.
...I'd like a slice!
I love pumpkin soup :-D And great pizza :-D
Pizza and Pumpkin soup ... now that is a combination. I love both though I never make my own. You are a brave soul ... that is a lot of work to make that soup, or any soup from scratch for that matter. I have become a lazy cook ... easy recipes, simple meals. There was a time when I would have jumped at a chance to make pumpkin soup from scratch ... I am sorry to say, I lost that desire. But, it does look and sound delicious ... wish I lived closer to you. I would sneak a taste :)
Andrea @ From the Sol
Im autumn a good soup - like a pumpkin soup - is the best!
Thank you for sharing. I love it Tools.
Yummy soup, and here in the UK it is definitely soup weather at the moment!
All the best Jan
I haven't had a good pumpkin soup in ages. My favorite tea room made a great one but they've been closed for renovations for over a year now.
Post a Comment