Thursday, November 14, 2024

Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date - Charcuterie and Chicken Meatballs with Alfredo sauce and Linguine


Welcome to Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date!  Here is my charcuterie board ACEO (2 1/2" x 3 1/2").


For the Dinner Date, I am showing my chicken meatballs with linguine. In mid October I used fresh oregano from the garden and realized I should chop the leaves (like Jamie Oliver) for maximum flavour. 

1 lb lean ground chicken
 1 egg
 1/2 c milk 
1/2 c breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
 sprigs of oregano chopped
2 cloves garlic minced 
1/2 onion chopped 
2-3 c water


 Alfredo Sauce

 I mixed up a packet of Clubhouse alfredo sauce.   

 Your favourite pasta and some parmesan cheese

 Mix all ingredients together and drop loosely formed meatballs into a pan with olive oil. Ground chicken does not hold together as well as ground beef. When the meatballs are browned, add alfredo sauce with extra water (2-3 c) as needed to the mix. Cover and simmer 20 minutes. Serve with pasta and some parmesan cheese.


 

24 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Nice board sketch and ohhhhhh, yum!

morfeas said...

ωραια συνταγη, πρεπει να ειναι πολυ νοστιμη!

roentare said...

Your drawing is unique and simple

Angie's Recipes said...

Meatballs look great!

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh, it looks delicious! Lovely art too! Happy Thursday!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Such fun artwork, Christine, and the recipe looks great. Blessings!

Granny Annie said...

Great job on the sketch and the recipe.

Królowa Karo said...

A combination of art and cuisine :)

Gillena Cox said...

Yummy chicken. Luv the art. HAPPY THURSDAY

much♡love

Ananka said...

Tasty art! Looks good and I do like linguine :-D

My name is Erika. said...

I can tell from sketch exactly what it was. And I made some turkey chili this morning. It's simmering on the stove now.

The Happy Whisk said...

I make chicken meatballs for Smoochie Face. Great in many dishes.

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Both your art and food look delicious!!

-Soma

LoveT. said...

Really nice, i like it a lot

peppylady (Dora) said...

Dinner going to be pretty simple today.

Mary Kirkland said...

That looks good.

J.P. Alexander said...

Linda pintura.- Gracias por la receta, Te mando un beso.

CheerfulMonk said...

I love that simple drawing (my favorite kind), and the food is making me hungry!

Kay said...

Oh yum! This looks wonderful, Christine.

DeniseinVA said...

Alllooks very yum!

Fundy Blue said...

Looks delicious!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

My mouth is watering ... everything looks so good. As soon as I finish this comment, I am going to go raid my refrigerator and see if I can whip something up that will satisfy my pallet :)
Meanwhile, nice picture and yummy chicken meat balls :)

Andrea @ From the Sol

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your art and the meatballs look good.

All the best Jan

Lorraine said...

Yum!