Saturday, November 2, 2024

European cruise continued - Malaga, Spain

I wrote this post before the terrible flash flooding that has recently affected this area.  Sending prayers to Eastern Spain. 


We had a day at sea before our next port of call in Malaga, Spain.  It was around this time husband M and I, son K all caught this cold virus.  I think daughter L's husband also was sick.  It lasted for weeks but we got through the cruise thanks to Tylenol Cold pills.   That night we passed Gibraltar on our way to Spain, which was kind of neat.

Anyway, Malaga is the birthplace of Pablo Picasso.  The tour guide took us to the square close to his birthplace.  There we bought these delicious roasted almonds in bags at 2 bags for 6 euro.

That evening I remember we were on the top deck of the ship and experienced the lovely sail away from the port of Malaga.  The weather was balmy, music was playing and they were serving a special lobster dinner.

Spanish roasted almonds

Malaga

Picasso's birthplace is in this square

To be continued.


21 comments:

Saruski said...

Nice trip

roentare said...

The architecture is so exotic and different

Iris Flavia said...

Sounds wonderful (minus the thought of what happened now in Spain).

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh, the ups and downs of traveling. Sounds like Spain was great, in spite of the colds. Its great reading about your travels. Happy November πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›

Jeanie said...

I need to catch up on your cruise (I've been off blog for several weeks). It sounds fabulous. I really feel for the people of Spain since the flooding. Thanks for popping by!

Angie's Recipes said...

Praying for Spain...terrible so many death :-((
I would love that lobster dinner!

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

You have had an interesting journey. Too bad you were sick.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Again, amazing photos of a memorable place, Christine. Prayers for Spain lifted!

Ananka said...

Yes sending love and prayers to all affected. Great photos, looks lovely :-D

My name is Erika. said...

You really visited some interesting places Christine. It sounds like a great trip.

The Happy Whisk said...

Almonds yum. Sorry so many of you got sick. How's your daughter enjoying married life?

Christine said...

Ivy my daughter has been married over 2 years now, time flies! They are happy.

J.P. Alexander said...

Me alegra que lo pasaras bien. Te mando un beso.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Never heard of Spanish almonds

Veronica Lee said...

Sounds like you had a great time in Malaga, even with the cold! Passing Gibraltar must have been cool, and those roasted almonds sound yummy. The sail away with lobster dinner sounds perfect!

CheerfulMonk said...

Again, what a neat trip!

Tanza Erlambang said...

the views so sweet

DeniseinVA said...

Wonderful!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Malaga is beautiful. So glad you didn't see the devastation in Valencia.

Anonymous said...

Prayers to all who have been affected.
I did enjoy seeing your photographs.

All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

Busy Bee Suz said...

This looks lovely. So sad about the flooding and that you guys all got sick on your big trip.