Friday, November 1, 2024

Friday Art - Ant Face


 Welcome to Friday Art!  I did a black ant  face ACEO (2 1/2" x 3 1/2") for you today.  It is coloured in with watercolour pencils and outlined with acrylic marker. 

Linking to Nicole's Friday Face Off and to Gillena's Art For Fun Friday.

And we are in November! Brrr!  We got 13 kids for Halloween last night same as last year according to my blog.

34 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

That picture looks scary! Yes, it's getting chilly here too.

Gillena Cox said...

wow that ant looks fierce. Happy Friday

much🤍love

Iris Flavia said...

Oh noooo... ants and I have a looong history ;-)

Gene Black said...

Nice.
I had no Halloween visitors, same as the last ??many years. Just as well, since I didn't buy any candy.

Angie's Recipes said...

That looks great!

ellie said...

Oh, that's a frightful one, up close. All the best to your November.

Caitlin&Megan said...

Oh, that is more than we had. Awesome ant art! All the best to your November.

My name is Erika. said...

Happy November Christine. Now that is a frightening face but then ants can be 'frightening" when you get them in your house. I meant to mention how good your chocolate cake looked yesterday too.

Tom said...

...no ants in this house, thank you!

Valerie-Jael said...

Hae a great weekend. Your black ant looks scary! Hugs!

gigi-hawaii said...

Pretty good art. You should have been a scientist specializing in insects.

Granny Annie said...

I have probably had that scary bug in my home.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Cool!

carol l mck said...

Amazing ant sketch ~ wow! ~ hugs,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
clm ~ A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Martha Jane Orlando said...

That's a scary ant, Christine, but a great drawing. Blessings!

DVArtist said...

Ohhh Christine I love this. You are so talented. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a nice weekend.

Lisabella Russo said...

Wonderful wonderful ant drawing!

Mary Kirkland said...

I'm glad ants aren't human size because they have scary faces.

Jenn Jilks said...

You do inspire. If I weren't cold and under a blanket, maybe I could get up and...

LoveT. said...

Wow, very cool!

Ananka said...

We haven't had any for ages and went out for dinner last night and the doorbell cam caught 2 kids coming to the door that we missed. Most kids don't do door to door like they used to in the 80s and 90s.

Wonderful ant Christine. Google "ant face under microscope" amazing photos come up and should lead you to other insects and tiny creature photos. Amazing stuff really :-D

DeniseinVA said...

Your ant art is impressive Christine, I saw a macro of one recently and recognized this immediately. We had 12 kids last night. Happy November!

Violetta said...

Oh, really an ant....yes I recognize at second view. Nice drawing. Have a good day
Violetta

Sandra Cox said...

A purrfect picture for the season.
The HH and I are down with colds so we didn't even turn on our porch light. :( Hope you saw some fun costumes.

J.P. Alexander said...

Te quedo muy bien. Te mando un beso.

roentare said...

Fantastic art on display

peppylady (Dora) said...

Boy, he looks up set.

Anonymous said...

No callers where I live, although I did see families out and about dressed up as witches/ghouls etc, I'm sure they had fun.

I like your art.

All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

PS Happy November

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I agree with Gillena he does have a fierce face :)) Great little piece of artwork. Have a great weekend x

Jeanie said...

Perfect for Halloween. For the first time in years I didn't turn the light on. Just couldn't handle it this year.

Christine said...

Thanks Ananka

The Happy Whisk said...

Ant Face is very cool.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That ant scares me. What a face.

Busy Bee Suz said...

What an ant. Lucky 13!!