Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday Sketches, solar halo

Welcome to this week's Sunday Sketches. Today I'm featuring my version of a solar halo as an acrylic  ACEO. I saw a photo of one in the newspaper and it made me curious as I had never heard of this weather phenomenon before.  I read that the colours are muted so I tried hard to achieve that effect.  My daughter loved this one, while my son and I found it kind of bland.  My husband doesn't seem to have too much of an opinion on art sometimes.

Please stop by the other participants and join in the fun!



20 comments:

Joni Nickrent said...

Awesome ACEO...perfect share!

Unknown said...

Love this...really cool.

WrightStuff said...

I think it's pretty powerful in its simplicity. Nice one.

carol l mck said...

Neat aceo ~ very creative ~thanks, namaste, Carol (A Creative Harbor) link w/Sunday Sketches

Heather said...

Well, I LOVE it!!!!!!!! You have all of my favorite colors there - This would be beautiful framed! It matches my house! LOVE this....happy sunday

Jennibellie said...

Lovely ATC, I'd not heard of this before so thanks for sharing much love Jennibellie x

Morph Waffle said...

Cool, I really like the simplicity of it!

Helen said...

Simple but so effective. Great ACEO. Happy SS

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine! You are a very talented artist. Congrats on the good work! I like your blog so much, I have added it to my Blogroll and will visit every day. Aloha!

Robin Panzer Art said...

I really like the somber, stark colors of this one! It has impact! Thanks for sharing! Happy Sunday Sketches.

m7 said...

wow! m wid ur daughter...i love it too. :)

Jenn Jilks said...

You are doing so well. Lots of fun.
Cheers from Cottage Country!

Julia Christie said...

I actually really like the minimalist feeling of this piece. Great job - very balanced feel to it!
Smiles

Kristin said...

I think it's so unique and cool! And yeah, my DH is often the same way . . . dramatic sigh . . . xo

Molly said...

the stark simplicity is really effective. nicely done!

Anonymous said...

Nice composition!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Not bland at all-- I think it's subtle and interesting.
Cheers, jj

Heather said...

hi
i hope you got my email? i got a new phone this weekend and am not sure if people are getting my emails! :) I am so excited about your gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christine said...

Hi Heather, you new 'solar halo' ATC original is in the mail! I did get your email, thanks.

gatheringwonder said...

this is excellent!