It's time for Sophia's Sunday Sketches! Please visit the other participants and join in the fun!
Hope the Canadians are enjoying their long Thanksgiving weekend! We're having beautiful, summery weather.
Today I decided to show a rainbow in the forest, an ACEO done in acrylic. Did you know the colours of the rainbow are always ROYGBIV in the order? (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet). I learned that from my son's Science homework last year!
Hope the Canadians are enjoying their long Thanksgiving weekend! We're having beautiful, summery weather.
Today I decided to show a rainbow in the forest, an ACEO done in acrylic. Did you know the colours of the rainbow are always ROYGBIV in the order? (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet). I learned that from my son's Science homework last year!

16 comments:
Lovely painting. I think we learnt that in the school too, long, loooooooong time ago! Valerie
Fun sketch ~ enjoy the day ~ thanks, namaste, Carol ^_^ (Share the Creative Journey) linked with Sunday Sketches ~
Fun painting...rainbows are magical and perfect for that unexpected pop of color! Love it! POP ART MINIS
Saw one nice rainbow last Friday while going to work....then I closed a big sale.....lol!
Great ACEO! Love the trees. :)
Very pretty painting Christine!
lovely rainbow and tree leaves! We're having lovely weather, too!
i like this - yes, we do ROYGBIV here too - my kids love that!
Happy Thanksgiving - I hope you're having a wonderful one! A slice of pumpkin pie with extra whipped cream sounds delicious :)
When I was little Roy G. Biv came for a visit to our classroom - it was very exciting!
Your latest forest paintings are lots of fun :)
xo
Kristin
p.s. I think your origami turkey is great!
Fabulous composition! I like your rendition of the trees with the touch of the rainbow. Nice job!
Hey Christine...please do not be mad :) I need your address again to mail painting...I have had it wrapped and ready to go for weeks, but I accidentally deleted your email with the address and I keep forgetting to ask again :) Sorry...klevitt70@aol.com
-KVO
Oh this is lovely!
And isn't it wonderful the things we learn from our children's homework :)
reminds me of Emily Carr who keeps popping into our life around here, totally different style of course but the perspective of the trees!
Lovely rainbow to highlight the forest colors. I knew but had forgotten... they came back quickly.
Such a happy picture! We have rainbows all the time in Hawaii, but rarely in Illinois. It's always fun to see.
Happy drawing ... and cool fact about the colors of a rainbow.
Post a Comment