Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday Sketches - Lightning

It's time for Sophia's Sunday Sketches. Please stop by the other participants and join in the fun!

Today I'm showing lightning striking a building, an ACEO done in acrylic. This painting was inspired by a big lightning storm we had in the city this summer.


16 comments:

Jehanne's doodles said...

Ahh that is something I live in fear of in summer ever time I leave the house - I've lost more than enough modems due to those things. This ATC reminds me of a tarot card -cool :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely ACEO. Lightning is lovely to watch if you are safe at home! Valerie

WrightStuff said...

I wouldn't fancy being out in that weather!!

WrightStuff said...

Sorry - blogger playing silly... I ended up leaving the same comment three times!

Robin Panzer Art said...

We don't get much lightning in the Pacific NorthWest. Well not relative to the MidWest where I come from but the night my Son was born there was a huge electrical storm. I always tell him it was a tribute to his entry into this world! Wonderful sketch. Happy SS!

Kristin Dudish said...

First, Happy (Belated) Anniversary! It looks like you had a wonderful (and filling) time! I used to always see commercials for The Keg - being so close to the border we get a few Canadian channels :)

Your lightning acrylics are great - I love the black accents in each of them!

xo
Kristin

p.s. I love beer bread so I've bookmarked the link you shared :)

Debbie said...

My husband likes to watch lightening, but i usually huddle on the couch during a storm! At least your lighting is during the day and not nearly so frightening!

Julia Christie said...

I love a good lightening show, as long as I am safe inside :-)

Cool piece!

Smiles

lissa said...

I wouldn't go near lighting. nice drawing.

hope you're having a sweet day.

Molly said...

i have to admit, i had to look up what an ACEO is. how fun!

love the simple, elegant art of your lightning storm. thanks for sharing.

Jenn Jilks said...

I love lightning.

Pete said...

We have lighting storm here almost every evening....., weather too hot...

Sinderella's Studio said...

sweet!!! I love sitting on our deck and watching lightning...it is mesmorizing!
cheers, dana

Virtual Boy said...

I love thunder! I think it's soothing~ My beloved is afraid of it though...
Awesome work!

Re (my blog): I had to check up "Precious Moments", and I can definately see the resemblance! The swooshy hair, big feet and all... ^-^

// - T.W-

Heather said...

hello christine...this is cool. we just had a huge storm here last week with lots of lightning!
have a great week!

Hannah said...

I haven't seen lightening in a long time. Nice drawing.