Saturday, October 29, 2011

Sweet Saturdays - The Blanket

It's time for Sweet Saturdays!

Please stop by the others afterward to see what they found sweet today!

My mom knitted this pretty blanket and gave it to me when I saw her this week. She never has a plan, she just knits and it becomes whatever it's meant tobe! I guess she's the creative type. I tend to plan the stuff I do beforehand, everyone's different! Besides, I don't knit.




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to knit, but gave it up when I developed a stiff neck from looking downward so much. That blanket is very pretty.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely blanket, it will be very cosy for over the knees or round the shoulders! Enjoy! Valerie

Art From The heart said...

Very nice blanket,looks so cozy.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

well she may not have had a plan but it turned out a beauty,, that was such alovely gift,, cozy for the cool weather coming up, happy saturday!!

Unknown said...

oh this is so beautiful and you will love it forever!!! so sweet of your Mom!!!!

GlorV1 said...

What a warm looking blanket. Love it. Happy Saturday.

miruspeg said...

What a lovely gift to receive from your mother.
She must still have a lot of child inside her to create so freely.
I have a very healthy child inside me too but unfortunately it doesn't like to knit!!
Hugs
Peggy xxxxx

Icy BC said...

It could be use as a shoulder wrap too, Christine! I love handmade thing.

Kay said...

I sure wish I knew how to knit. I did a bit of crocheting a long time ago, but now I don't have a clue.

Lilac & Lavender said...

Your blanket is beautiful, and you'll think of your mom when you're all wrapped up and cozy :) Very sweet!