I'm lactose intolerant so I buy this special brand of lactose-free milk called Natrel. I can have small amounts of real milk or cream, too much of it just makes me gassy. M will often pick some boxes up for me if he's passing by the store.Anyway, I heard M complaining about how they re-designed the Natrel boxes making it difficult to figure out which kind to buy. It comes in skim, 1%, 2% milk fat. It was easy enough to read the 'lactose free' label.
The other day, I was having a glass of milk and noticed an improved taste and thought 'oh, they must have changed that too, how nice!' The next week I looked more closely at the boxes in the fridge and realized we had been buying the 1% instead of the usual skim. Back to reality! In fact the Natrel skim milk tastes like 1%, so I can't complain.
The other day, I was having a glass of milk and noticed an improved taste and thought 'oh, they must have changed that too, how nice!' The next week I looked more closely at the boxes in the fridge and realized we had been buying the 1% instead of the usual skim. Back to reality! In fact the Natrel skim milk tastes like 1%, so I can't complain.

5 comments:
Improved taste but not improved health... smiles. Isn't it wonderful when they change things on packaging for the better!
Here they are always changing the packaging and the contents - the latest trick is to leave the carton the same size and reduce the contents, so you don't notice till you read the small print. I always have low fat milk, and have now got used to the taste! Valerie
When my boys were young they were all lactose intolerant. There was only one choice of lactose-free milk, which didn't taste very good and was expensive. Fortunately, I discovered that using lactase drops in regular milk took care of the problem.
I don't see this brand around here, and we are fortunate that no one is lactose intolerant
I have never seen this brand either. I don't ever drink milk, though.
Post a Comment