Friday, October 7, 2011

Paint Party Friday - Forest Moon Rise

It's time for Eva and Kristin's Paint Party Friday! Please stop by the other participants and join in the fun today.

It's the Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend.  It usually means lots of turkey and pumpkin pie!


Today I'm featuring a moon rise in the forest, an ACEO done in acrylic. Hope you like this one.


36 comments:

carol l mck said...

Very creative painting ~ Happy Thanksgiving ~ enjoy the weekend ~Happy PPF ~ namaste, Carol ^_^ (Share the Creative Journey)

Kathy G said...

Hope you have a good holiday weekend.

Valerie-Jael said...

I love this one, it feels like being drawn up through the trees to the moon! Valerie

Lesley Edmonds said...

What a great angle! Good depth - I feel I'm lying under the trees...

Anonymous said...

I love the perspective of this - it feels like we're lying on the gound looking up at the moon! Happy thanksgiving!

GlorV1 said...

Love your creativity! Hope your Thanksgiving is awesome. Happy PPF and Happy Thanksgiving! Great job.

A'n'G Johnson said...

love your technique for the leaves

Joni Nickrent said...

What a wonderful painting! Gotta love the moon! Festive and Fab! Happy Thanksgiving! POP ART MINIS

Mary C. Nasser said...

Great painting!
Love the worm's eye perspective!!

Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mary C. Nasser Art Blog

Lilac & Lavender said...

I love the perspective ~ looking up through the trees at a full moon was such a beautiful idea for a painting :) Thanks for sharing ~ happy PPF!

Qian said...

Like the curly leaves very much!

Leovi said...

Lovely composition with the attractive prospect. You enjoy the weekend.

wednesday said...

What an awesome angle for this painting. It's so unexpected, I love it!

Amanda Mills said...

lovely card, i like the brushstrokes for the leaves

thanks for stopping by my blog!
-Amanda

Martha Kisling said...

I love the creative composition

Victoria said...

Wow..Beautiful..gorgeous view..love the perspective....i feel as though I am beneath the towering trees looking above to the sky admiring them!Beautiful! we both did tree themes this week..how cool!

Yay Happy TG! HUgs and blessings to you and yours!
Victoria

Cathy said...

Hello Christine
You've certainly managed to get the 'tall timbers' look - I've an ache in my my neck from looking up lol
Would look good as a piece of embroidery as well
Take care
Cathy

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

That's a great view. :) Always fun to look up to the sky through the trees.

HeARTworks said...

A different perspective! I like how you made the leaves. Patsy from
HeARTworks

SHERI COOK said...

Love the perspective in this work. Happy PPF!

Carol said...

Very nice!!! Love the prospective! Here's hoping you have a fantastic holiday weekend!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving, and I hope you have a terrific weekend. Love the angle that you have taken with your painting.

Evelyn

Giggles said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Have a wonderful celebration! Adorable how you captured the feeling of being in the forest looking up!!

Hugs Giggles

Jaime Haney said...

what a fun perspective... I love your stylistic way you've painted this one. Great job! So simple, but so effective... very nice piece!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Great perspective of the trees, they look so alive.

Chris said...

Happy Thanksgiving weekend Christine. Cute ACEO card of the moon.

Faye said...

Christine, this is a great angle to show the moon coming up. Lovely trees. Thanks for visiting my fishing lady.

Unknown said...

oh this is a gorgeous painting Christine!!!! I love the view....

Come share something sweet today! Sweet Saturdays over at my blog...

Kristin said...

Have a wonderful weekend! (I hope it includes pumpkin pie ;) AND thank you for sharing this beautiful painting - I love the angle you have depicted, xo

EVA said...

Very very pretty! It looks like the Thanksgiving pumpkin moon!

Hope you have a great one!

Mandy said...

happy thanksgiving...xxxlove the looking up through the trees...xxx

Tracey FK said...

Nice Composition. there is an Australian landscape painter called Bill Robinson who uses the same perspective of the forest... might be worth googling him and having a look. Nice work though Trace xx

Yvonne said...

Love the view! Thanks for visiting my blog.

Geckostone said...

What a cool perspective,and so beautiful in it's simplicity! I love it!!! Happy Thanksgiving and PPF! Deb

Fallingladies said...

how lovely!

JKW said...

I do like this one. I remember looking up at the moon through the trees. Happy Thanksgiving. Blessings, Janet