Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Creative Tuesdays - Autumn

It's time for Creative Tuesdays! This week's theme is Autumn. I took a photo of this leaf the other day and decided to paint it as an acrylic ACEO below.

Please stop by the other participants and join in the fun!










26 comments:

Joni Nickrent said...

Simply PERFECT...I'll leave it at that! :) POP ART MINIS

Anonymous said...

Cute! What does ACEO stand for or mean?

Kristin Dudish said...

I love the bold shapes and colors you use when you're using acrylics! It's the perfect Autumn piece :)

xo
Kristin

EVA said...

LOL - You and I had the same idea for this Christine! Great leaf!

LiveHigh Commercial Property Listing & Beyond said...

Love your autumn Christine.

Betsy Brock said...

It's lovely, Christine. It even had a 3D effect! I can see my neighbor raking leaves as I sit at my desk this morning. :)

Crystal said...

I love this...the shadows on the leaf, everything! :-)

Carol said...

Very Nice!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, great job...

Morph Waffle said...

Lovely little painting. I think it would make for nice little note cards.

Wanda said...

What can say Fall better than leaves. Your cute little leaf is delighful, and yes, would be a cute note card.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Joni,,

Gloria Baker said...

I love this Christine, and thanks by stopping by but by mistake I add my link because I think the burgers nothing to do in autumn, but I cannot eraser I hope Mr. Toast can do, you are a lovely lady! gloria

Christine said...

Gigi, ACEO stands for Art Cards, Editions and Originals. They are Art Trading Cards (ATCs) 2.5 by 3.5 inches in size. You can go here for more info
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist_trading_cards

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Looks great. Love the edged corners. :)

Heather said...

VERy nicely done! I love falling leaves...

Janice said...

Well done!

Unknown said...

oh wow Christine!!!! I love the leaf!!! wonderful work....I missed out on this week's challenge!!! oh boy!!!

Michael said...

Looks like a poster --so clean and simple. Very well shown, Christine. REminds me of a DAvid Hockney piece. :)

Unknown said...

Great job. I love all those colored leaves.
QMM

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Love the colors and the detail of the veins in the leaf.

Terrie said...

Nice job and very "fallish".

linda (dots n doodles) said...

Love your leaf, simple but effective.

Daniella said...

Excellent work Christine!!
YOU captured the shadow I was looking for! LOL!!!
xxDaniella

Christine said...

Thanks for all your lovely comments everyone, they really build my confidence and inspire me to do better!

Kay said...

This is so perfect! My granddaughter would especially love this. She's so into leaves right now.