Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sunday Sketches - Tulips in Acrylic

It's time for Sunday Sketches! Please stop by the other participants and join in the fun!

Today I've done an acrylic painting. It's an ACEO.  I decided to do these tulips. It's fun working with acrylics and it's very forgiving if you make a mistake. I didn't even have a pencil sketch to work with, just free hand. There's a lot to learn about this medium.  Don't forget it's the perfect time for planting your spring bulbs!



8 comments:

Heather said...

Good Morning Christine,
I am loving your use of acrylics. I like how you incorporate the dark background! GORGEOUS!
thanks for the reminder, i always see people with beautiful tulips in their yard and think, ok in October I will plant them...
have a great sunday!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful picture, I love tulips! Valerie

Kristin Dudish said...

This is so fun to see you using acrylics! I love the dark backgrounds on both your tulips and your fruitillarias :) I love how the flowers planted now look so beautiful in the spring!

I'm going to have to check out the quinoa recipe you've shared... I've made quinoa a couple of times, but don't remember ever washing it first... oops!

Hope your sore throat is gone and that you and M are feeling much better :)

xo
Kristin

Jaime Haney said...

what a sweet little aceo. this would look great framed up and displayed in a bathroom or anywhere! great job :)

Anonymous said...

this is lovely, I also love the dark background, lovely tulips,

Joni Nickrent said...

Really liking the way you're using the dark backgrounds and the pops of bright color. You're doing awesome with the acrylics. Fun Stuff! POP ART MINIS

carol l mck said...

Loving your flowers ~ Thanks for posting ~ namaste, Carol ^_^

Tammie Lee said...

this is lovely and quite sweet Christine.