Thursday, October 20, 2011

Food For Thought Thursdays - Gnocchi

 Today I'm joining Robin Panzer's Food for Thought Thursday (FFTT)!  In Robin's words 'Share some thoughts about the food you eat and pictures are great too and then take a little blog hop around to see what's on everyone else's plates!'  Sounds like great foodie fun, come join us!

I was watching an Italian cooking show on TV and was intrigued by the simplicity of this recipe. It was so tasty, my son K loves it. Of course they were making their own gnocchi, but I just got a small package from the supermarket. I imagine you could do this with any kind of pasta you have on hand.

Bring salted water to boil, put gnocchi in for about 3 minutes until they float. Meanwhile, add a few tbs olive oil, 1 tbs margarine to a saucepan, heat, add 2 slices of prosciutto, 1 tsp dried herb (such as sage, or italian seasoning), then add in drained gnocchi. Toss together, add some grated parmesan cheese and remove from heat. You can tear the prosciutto into little strips and mix into the pasta.  Enjoy!


Gnocchi

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks soooooooooo good nd I am hungry, so I will have to see what I find in my fridge! Valerie

Robin Panzer Art said...

Yum! Christine thanks so much for playing in Food For Thought Thursday with me! I love Gnocchi and this recipe is so simple, thank you! ~Hugs Robin

GlorV1 said...

Oh that looks delicious. I love Gnocchi and you've made it look exactly that, delicious.

Joni Nickrent said...

Looks yummy!

Pete said...

Last ate Gnocchi a few years back. Had it with blue cheese...yum!

Janet said...

It looks delicious and it's simple which I like.

Anonymous said...

I like gnocchi too. In fact, I purchased a gnocchi maker and made my own. It's very easy, but you must use only white flour. I tried it with wheat flour and it wasn't good. I like the idea of adding prosciuto...will have to try that next time.

Stopping by from Robin's blog.

Unknown said...

My neighbours are Italians, and we are going over to their place for dinner tonight. We are having homemade gnocchi :)

Unknown said...

Hello Christine!!!!! I love gnocchi!!! especially the homemade ones....and the ones from Little Italy in New York City!!!!

yummy!!!!

Anonymous said...

So delicious and always a hit - I think it's the ultimate comfort food with my family!
Mary x

NTRage03 said...

yummy :)
i'm hungry :(
maybe you can send it to me :D