Thursday, January 12, 2012

Turkey Pot Pie

Over the holidays a friend had dropped by with some leftover turkey and I made some turkey pot pie.  It was delicious. Here's the recipe:

2 1/2 c leftover turkey or chicken pieces, cooked
1 onion chopped
2 c frozen mixed vegetables
1/3 c flour
1 3/4 c chicken stock
1/2 c milk
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp thyme or your favourite herb
1/3 c olive oil
pastry to cover (I use a Pillsbury pie crust)

saute onions in oil, blend in flour, salt, pepper.  Stir in broth and milk until thickened, add chicken and vegetables. Spread the mixture into a round casserole dish, cover with the pastry. Make slits on top of the pastry so the steam can escape. Bake 350 F for about 35 minutes until crust is golden brown.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks easy to make. I'll make this the next time I have leftover poultry. Thanks, Christine.

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks yummy! Valerie

Art From The heart said...

Oh Yum ! I'll get out some of that turkey I froze.
Thanks & Hugs

Pete said...

I still have some Xmas turkey leftover in the freezer....lol

Christine said...

I just made a fish pot pie with my leftover baked fish! It's a good feeling using up leftovers.

Kay said...

Mmmmm.... I LOVE pot pies! This looks fabulous!