Welcome to Sunday Sketches! It's always fun to visit the other participants in this art co-op.
I saw this photo of some kiwis in a local supermarket magazine and was inspired to draw it (acrylic ACEO). It was also interesting to learn something more about the kiwi. Did you know you could eat the skins too? It will keep for up to 4 weeks in your refrigerator, not to mention being very nutritious. Its proper name is actually 'kiwifruit'.
I saw this photo of some kiwis in a local supermarket magazine and was inspired to draw it (acrylic ACEO). It was also interesting to learn something more about the kiwi. Did you know you could eat the skins too? It will keep for up to 4 weeks in your refrigerator, not to mention being very nutritious. Its proper name is actually 'kiwifruit'.

28 comments:
how fun that you painted this. wonderful piece. i bought two this very day. i had no idea that furry skin is edible!
I know there was one kind of kiwi that had skin that was not too bad to eat. However, that furry stuff must not taste very good.
Never eaten kiwi skin.... :) Good job!
love the style and colours! fun fruit
Hi Christine, love your painting...I don't like kiwifruit... they do look pretty though
David bought a carton of kiwis from Costco on Friday. My grandson loves them!
your kiwis are great, I lve your style, its so unique, I like taht!
Fantastic painting of the kiwis, Christine. I love them!
Wonderfully creative and textural ~ namaste,carol (Share the Creative Journey) Happy SS ^_^
Such fun...don't often see kiwis in art.... :) I very much like and appreciate 'different'.
xx
great kiwis!!! you did a great job with this and i love the green!
happy sunday! xo
Nice Kiwi's Christine :)
These are gorgeous and fabulous! I love kiwi's..yummy! Your work always beautiful and inpsiring!
HUgs
Victoria
I like your painting, I'm so into greens and browns these days!
Very nice! Now I want a kiwi. :) I knew you could eat the skin but I don't like the feel of the fuzziness on my tongue so I still peel them.
But who wants to eat the skins? They're all furry!!
When I saw the heading of your post I wondered if we would be getting the bird, fruit or the people!
as a child i always ate the skin - my kids don't :-). Yes they are star gazers! Love their heady perfume, fills the whole house!
Oh, and this the lilies are not my daughters, it is a sketch to water colour painted by the daughter of the friend we lost.. but its also the birthday of my daughter, so plenty to celebrate too!
Love this. I feel like it would make an awesome postcard.
sweet painting of one of my favorite fruit. still couldn't eat the skin no matter what people said. guess it's habit.
hope you have a sweet day.
Great composition! When I first looked at it I thought.....woodcut. I like the way you treated the texture and the grouping of the kiwis. Yes, my daughter talked me into eating them skin and all.
I love how inspired you got from eating the Kiwis to painting them. It reminds me of a tropical painting. It was great catching up on your sketch :)
i love the ACEOs you make from week to week. You must have quite a collection by now. Your kiwifruit are lovely!
This is great Christine! And no, I had no idea the skins could be eaten! xo
acrylics + kiwis = awesome! I love your ACEO piece.
I did not know they were actually called kiwifruit or that you could eat their skins...ick-lol. The texture feels awful...the good stuff is on the inside. :)
your painting is making me hungry for some sweet kiwi!
oooo I love this. and I've been eating tons of kiwi. and I always eat my kiwi whole - skin and all.
Beautiful, love your style.
Post a Comment