Wednesday, January 25, 2012

New Skating Rink

This is a new outdoor skating rink newly built by the town. It looks like it's getting good use. My friend S and I were walking by on the weekend and I had not seen it yet, so we went to take a peek. We are having a mild winter, it freezes up and then it goes to rain and springlike temperatures. We have not had to do any real shovelling so far this year. Now I hope this doesn't change just because I said that!



And Diana Evans created these beautiful valentines and is allowing us to download them free here. I did just that last night as I happened to have some nice photo paper on hand for printing. How cute are they? Thanks Diana!




9 comments:

miruspeg said...

The photo of the outdoor skating rink looks really lovely.
We are having a mild summer in Sydney with lots of rain. I don't miss the really hot weather but I wish the rain would piss off!
Peggy xxxx

Valerie-Jael said...

The skating ring looks good, thanks for sharing! Valerie

Kay said...

Oh what fun! I'll bet the kids are loving that skating rink. Grown-ups too. :-)

Icy BC said...

We have the same mild winter here, too, and I'm glad, very glad!

Beautiful Valentine Card..

Anonymous said...

I think that skating outdoors is one of the great pleasures of winter for sure.Your cards turned out lovely, she is a sweet one isn't she.
I want to thankyou for the comment regarding the article dealing with stem cells, its amazing what strides they are tkaing isn't it.Thats why I always say my doctor tells me one day, my problem is in my brain , my eyes are perfectly healthy, there is hope and thats why I never give up.

Lilac & Lavender said...

Enjoyed seeing your photo of the outdoor skating rink :) Looks like a lot of fun, but I'd probably end up on my bottom more than my feet! Diana's Valentines are so sweet! Have a great day Christine :)

Anonymous said...

That rink is really pretty. It must be nice to ice skate outdoors. There's an indoor rink, called Ice Palace, down the street where we used to ice skate when the kids were little. We used walkers to balance ourselves. What fun that was!

Unknown said...

They are cute :D

Unknown said...

oh you are as sweet as can be Christine!!!! thank you for the mention and I am so thrilled you printed these!!!! bees are my favorite!!!!