Friday, January 13, 2012

Paint Party Friday - Winter Scenes

Welcome to Paint Party Friday!  I can't wait to visit all the contributors today.

I wanted to share this card my daughter L made for me and it was in my Christmas gift. It was so much more special than the actual gift, although the necklace is pretty! I loved the art. She used watercolour pencils and I don't think it took her very long to do. She did a lot of art in high school.




This is the card she made for her dad:





41 comments:

Kay said...

Oh very lovely indeed. Looks like she's got her mother's talent.

carol l mck said...

Wonderful creations ~ can see why you love them ~~ thanks, namaste, carol (Share the Creative Journey)

Netty said...

Beautiful cards, thank you for sharing. Happy PPF, x

Anonymous said...

She is talented like you! I have never heard of watercolor pencils. That's something my granddaughter might like; she is always drawing things on paper when I babysit her and Rylan. I'll look for those pencils at Kmart and Target.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your daughter is one talented lady, seem to take after her mom! Valerie

Crystal said...

I just love a winter scene and yours are simply awesome! :-)

GlorV1 said...

Love the cards. I think it's great that she "made" the cards for her mother and father. She put her soul into it. Thanks for sharing.

Daniele Valois said...

Wow, very talented indeed. I would show that off too!

Abela said...

It has clear ideas... is a little artist.Saludos

Icy BC said...

Fantastic paintings, Christine! You're very talented..

Geri said...

How wonderful to get this gift from your daughter - they're both wonderful pieces...how old is she? Quite a talented young lady, I'd say. So great that she can be encouraged in her talent at a young age.

Anonymous said...

Your winter scenes are beautiful! Happy PPF! :-)

Anonymous said...

Christine, they are both beautiful. Looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Faye

Unknown said...

Your daugther is very talented!!

Unknown said...

oh wow Christine!!!! these paintings are perfect for today!!! we finally got some snow and Cole asked me on his way to school if today was Christmas....lol.....

SHERI COOK said...

BOTH are beautiful. I treasure my daughter's creations most as well. It's the artists in us. We appreciate the love behind each stroke.
Happy PPF!
Sheri Cook
HappyHorseStudio

Anonymous said...

These are so lovely and so evocative of a wonderful crisp winter's day!

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

You have one talented daughter there. :) The cards are wonderful and I bet you're gonna frame them. :)

Carolyn Dube said...

They are beautiful just for their art but that they were made for you by her makes them treasures!

Mary C. Nasser said...

Really love her snowflake card especially with its lines and halos.

We had our very first snow day of the year yesterday!!

Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Anonymous said...

nice to see your daughter's creativity!

happy PPF

Leovi said...

Wonderful compositions, I love both with a nice winter atmosphere.

Mandy said...

Gee...your daughter did well...they are both beautiful...xxx

Lisabella Russo said...

What a sweet gift! They are both very nice, it was so thoughtful of your daughter to include a gift she made herself.

Ginny said...

Both of the cards are beautiful and even more so because they were painted by someone you love. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Christine said...

Thanks for your lovely comments everyone. Geri, my daughter's 19 years old, a young lady!

Catherine Denton said...

Both of them are lovely! What a sweet and thoughtful gift.
Catherine Denton

Unknown said...

They look wonderful. she did a great job.. I have to say I love to receive creative gifts as well!!

Happy PPF.

Elisa said...

Wow! I love her cards a lot! Very creative and beautiful! Like Mother like Daughter!

Anonymous said...

These are lovely and very special. I think the one with the trees should be framed and displayed.

Nordljus said...

These cards looks really wonderful! I can well understand that you liked them so much.

DVArtist said...

Looks like the art runs in the family. Very nice.
Nicole/Beadwright

*jean* said...

beautiful!! happy PPF!

Kristin Dudish said...

These are beautiful, Christine! Please be sure to tell L how wonderful I think they are :)

xo
Kristin

wednesday said...

Awww, did you well up a little when you saw it? I would have. They are really beautiful.

Sunshineshelle said...

Wonderful, it's summer here, needed this for the cool change ;)

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful Wintery cards.

Unknown said...

Wow, they are both very good - she's very talented.

E Makes Art said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting me for PPF! These cards are so pretty! You must be proud of your daughter!

xoE

Pam Tucker said...

Those are wonderful cards! Gorgeous winter scenes. Perfect for framing and bringing out every Christmas!

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

What a sweet, sweet gift. Lovely job she did.