Welcome to Paint Party Friday! It's a fun co-op where we visit other participants and share our art.
I found a nice photo of a pluot plum in a local supermarket magazine and was inspired to draw it (acrylic ACEO). What I didn't know was that pluots are 60% plum and 40% apricot. It's very nutritious and tastes more like a plum. Wonder how they cross it in that percentage? I would think it would be 50% of each!
I found a nice photo of a pluot plum in a local supermarket magazine and was inspired to draw it (acrylic ACEO). What I didn't know was that pluots are 60% plum and 40% apricot. It's very nutritious and tastes more like a plum. Wonder how they cross it in that percentage? I would think it would be 50% of each!

56 comments:
Ooh, I've never heard of them before, I might have to track them down so I can see what they taste like! Happy Paint Party Friday!
They do taste more like a plum. I love the picture. Blessings, Janet PPF
Great painting! I've never eaten a pluot, so shall have to try one. Happy PPF!
That's very interesting information. I've never heard of Pluots but now you got me thinking on where I could find a tree. I'm definitely going to speak with my nursery down the street. Thanks for sharing the info and your painting is awesome. I could eat that one. Tee hee. Great weekend to you.
reminds me of a lovely wood block print!!!
Never heard of them! I'll try to find some, sounds delish!
wonderful painting of this plum!
Never heard of them before but I think they would be delicious... two of my favourite fruits... great painting and have a wonderful creative week... happy ppf
Never heard of pluot either, but in your painting it looks sweet and juicy!
Never heard of them before, looks good, though! Valerie
happy PPF and thanks for sharing about this fruit i've never heard of before. great painting!
hugs, peggy aplSEEDS
Never heard of a pluot, but love your fab painting, Have a great weekend, Annette x
Beautiful pluot!Yummy! Happy PPF!
its lovely, I love how you did the leaves,
Learn something new every day, don't you, especially at PPF.
I would probably only think of painting the fruit after I had eaten it.
Yes, 50-50 would make more sense. I have never tasted or seen a pluot. Strange how the plum color is dominant over the orange color of apricots.
So gorgeous..another beauty!!
Victoria
Lovely pluot portrait!
Just tried pluots for the first time myself this past autumn. :)
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art
Never heard of pluots, but I bet they taste delicious. Your painting is beautiful, Christine.
A lovely ACEO gem!
Happy PPF!
Sheri Cook/HappyHorseStudio
Lovely little painting and I had heard of the pluot before! ~Happy Paint Party Friday! #56 Robin Panzer Art Studio 33
Your painting looks great. And what an interesting question about the percentages. Guess they'd have to cross with crosses. But why would they decide that exact percentage was best? Now you've got me contemplating it and wondering what all the different crosses would takes like.
Happy PPF!
I've never heard of this fruit hybrid. :) Great painting of it!
Hi Christine, I like your painting :) Enjoy your day!
I hadn't heard of pluots before either. I really like the composition and colors of your painting.
I've never heard of them either! Lovely painting though. Makes me hungry...
oh...fantastic...i have never heard of that fruit,,,,beautiful colours...xxx
No I've not heard of them either, so I'll take your word for their deliciousness as your painting certainly is :) great work, happy ppf
Your painting is beautiful ~ the shades of purple are lovely :)
I have never heard of Pluots before either but I am always looking for something good to eat.
I love the colors in your painting.
Very cool painting! I've nevr heard of these plum/apricot mixes. They don't have them in my supermarket that I have seen. Guess you learn something new every day :-)
That's a new one on me! How did you like the taste? I can't imagine it?? Love your painting, and thanks for your comment on my PPF post. Really strong composition...is the skin on a pluot smooth like a plum or hairy like and apricot?!
Yummy! Super painting...love the lavender highlights :)
I've never heard of a pluot and I reside in the Garden State! I've read they are very sweet.
I too, thought your painting was a block print. It's beautiful. I love the bold colors.
Deborah
FairfieldHouseNJ.com
Coming to visit your blog on a Friday is always a pleasure, love your painting this week. Also glad you tried the chicken and it was a hit. Happy PPF xx
Never heard of a pluot and I doubt it's available here in the Philippines! Thanks for the introduction! Patsy from
HeARTworks
very nice! happy PPF!
Great colors! You've got me wanting to try one now!
Another great painting where 'less is more'~ namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey) and A Creative Harbor
Did not know that! Your painting of it is beautiful.
Catherine Denton
Pluots sound delicious, and so is your aceo!
this is wonderful!
This is really well done! Good for you!
Love it!! Should find and try them!!
I love this picture, it's so fresh. It's been a while since I've had one of these but I remember them being very yummy.......the 40%, 60% percent thing is a little weird how did they figure that out? :)
Ahhhh, perfect!!!!Happy PPF!
very nice work. thanks for sharing on PPF . Im trying to grow my little mini rose bush in my home through the winter but it is not looking so good I guess my green thumb is on the fritz in the winter months.
-KAT-
Oh! I think that is absolutely lovely!! Great job!
Yes, very nice, really did not know this fruit.
It's beautiful, Christine! I've never tasted one.
Thanks for stopping by everyone, much appreciated. I'm just surprised so many of you have never tasted a pluot before!
Such a cool fruit! I have never seen or eaten one. Happy PPF late! I love how you painted your pluot.
A new fruit to try! I'd never heard of them - and they look great! Your version, anyhow!
Pluots are very popular here in the San Joaquin Valley where many of these hybrids are started. Each summer I get a CSA box of stone fruit from a local orchard, and there are many types of pluots included. Some are white. Lovely fruit. I miss summer.
I have never even heard of them before! How interesting. :) Great ACEO.
lovely plum with the delicious colors! Great illustration. I think I haven't eaten one yet
Post a Comment