Friday, January 27, 2012

Paint Party Friday - Cuba Moon with Venus?

Welcome to Paint Party Friday, a fun art co-op!

This acrylic ACEO features the Cuba moon from our beach view hotel room on Jan 2, 2012 at approximately 1am.  We were on vacation.  That small planet twinkling near the moon is either Venus or Jupiter, but it was quite a show that night.  The moonlight cast a silvery glow over the ocean and illuminated the gentle waves.   I had made a quick pen sketch in my journal so I could remember it, and finally got around to painting it.  I should learn how to capture these night shots with a digital camera.  Even the simplest cameras nowadays can do even panoramic shots. 




31 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Oh I love this Christine. Love the grays. Really nice job.

Kay said...

This is lovely Christine. I hate to admit that I still haven't learned to do the panoramic shot with my camera. I stitch them together on Photoshop.

Alicia C said...

this could be the beginning of a great series - enough to have their own show at a coffeeshop or gallery space. I saw the other and now this one and love them both. Simplicity yet grace

Netty said...

Terrific. Happy PPF, Annette x

Tracey FK said...

How lovely to remember this through your art... I did a sketch or two on hols but haven't gotten back to them since coming home.... happy ppf xx

Anne Manda said...

Love the simplicity! What a beautiful memory! <3

peggy aplSEEDS said...

great color scheme. that must have been a stunning view! happy PPF and thanks for sharing!
hugs,
peggy aplSEEDS

WrightStuff said...

Your Cuba moon looks very romantic!

Valerie-Jael said...

This is so beautiful and peaceful! Valerie

Lesley Edmonds said...

Grey is a colour I very rarely use but perhaps I should - this is wonderful - I love the bright moon.

Carolyn Dube said...

What a great way to capture a beautiful vacation night! I am sure a camera could capture the image but I love how you interpreted it!

Anonymous said...

I admire you for painting live scenes, Christine. I have to do the camera bit first. This is an exciting painting with the grays and the spark of color.

EVA said...

Very pretty! Love Moon paintings.

Sounds like a great way to start the year!

Abela said...

It is a landscape that is seen with your eyes, beautiful and original. Saludos

wednesday said...

What a great memento of a trip. Your description of the scene was magical too.

DVArtist said...

Wow this really grabbed me. I love these colors. Wonderful.
Nicole/Beadwright

Victoria said...

Yay!! Love this..brilliant piece! You are awesome ..always such fun visiting your realm! Beautiful! We are both in the cosmos today! cool!
Victoria

Anonymous said...

The gray and the yellow go great together. Love it!

Debbie said...

Interesting composition. I think working from a sketch frees you from having to reproduce a photograph in your work and can lead to very interesting results.

Crystal said...

I love this...so hauntingly beautiful. I have yet to figure out how to take a night photo with my digital camera so quick sketches are all I have too! :-)

Anonymous said...

very pretty and mysterious, I love the greys.

Mary C. Nasser said...

Really like this piece, too.
Reminds me of shapes in Miro paintings I've seen.

♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Leovi said...

Excellent composition with a beautiful gray. I like it.

carol l mck said...

Another great one Christine ~ such a great unique style ~ love it! ~namaste, carol (Share the Creative Journey) Happy PPF ^_^

Unknown said...

oh this is amazing!!!I am loving your work Christine!!!!

SHERI COOK said...

I like how you created a memory with your art. Very nice.
Happy PPF!
Sheri Cook/HappyHorseStudio

Nora MacPhail said...

Beautiful. Very serene.
Happy Painting!

A'n'G Johnson said...

sounds so divine!

ANNE said...

If you figure it out, share the info!!! I really love the dark tones in your work. Lovely!

xox

Sunshineshelle said...

Simple & utterly stunning, love your graphic work!

JKW said...

I love that you used your trip to capture what your eyes saw. What a wonderful way to celebrate the trip. Each time you look at the painting, you will see it all again. Blessings, Janet PPF