Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sausage, Potatoes and Green Beans

She Loves Food and Flowers posted a simple and delicious recipe for 'Smoked Sausage with Potatoes and Green Beans' and I decided to try it.  Thanks Shelly!

I used new potatoes and frozen green beans (I had half a package in my freezer) with a European Debreziner sausage. It was wonderful and we ate it all. Of course, you can't go wrong with sausages! I wonder if it's the salt in the sausage that makes you feel you can't have enough of it?  I also love the new potatoes, I got them from Costco, they come pre-washed and ready for boiling. Ikea used to serve those with their meatball dinners, but they now just use a tiny scoop of mashed potatoes.  Everyone's cost cutting these days, or should I say smart marketing?




Here is some news I found interesting in the paper yesterday:

This is a human interest one  entitled 'What happened in Union Station'. It concerns events that occurred 'when a man jumped in front of a subway train' recently and how 'the heroes' were treated.  The comments are also interesting.

This one is kind of funny: '...except for Luiza who is in Canada.  A remark made in a Brazilian real estate infomercial has brought fame to a teenage girl and to Canada' as the infomercial went viral.  It sheds some light on the Brazilian sense of humour.

10 comments:

Kay said...

Oh I do love sausages although I have to limit how much I eat. This sounds so yummy.

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like a great meal! Valerie

Anonymous said...

That guy who jumped in front of the train was lucky. Others have died. The 2nd story was cute. I printed and saved your friend's recipe. I might make it this weekend. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

It does amaze me that the heros involved were shun this way, this was left so unfinished,,
your sausage and potao dish sounds very good and I enjoyed the stories, I can't believe the power of the internet! Its a shame a quarter of that interest in the brazilian story hadn't been shown to the hereos from the first story, we humans are messed up whensomething like that sparks peoples interest more than everyday people showing acts of bravery such as the subway incident,

Crystal said...

Looks yummy! :-)

Heather said...

mmm, sausage! love it

Christine said...

Laurie, that's an excellent point you made about what's more important

Gigi, I tried this recipe today with cabbage and it was equally wonderful.

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

Cathy said...

Hello Christine
A modern interpretation of Sausages and Mash - comfort food whichever way its eaten lol
Are you missing the sunsnhine?
Take care
Cathy

Anonymous said...

this is a great supper on a cold night
Mary x

Icy BC said...

Oh yummy..potatoes, sausage, and green beans sound like a great mix!