For Sunday Sketches I saw a travel photo in a magazine and was inspired by the beautiful, almost emerald colour of the water. It was actually advertising 'The Fairmont Mayacoba' resort, Riviera Maya, Mexico, but I think this water canal is from the Sian Ka'an biosphere reserve nearby. I remember once we went to Mexico when the kids were little and we went swimming in an underground river (ceynote?) It was a lovely experience in Xcaret park. Mexico does have these lovely, natural reserves. It's also one of the few places (that I'm aware of) where they mandate that you use bio-degradeable sunscreen.
(acrylic ACEO)
(acrylic ACEO)

21 comments:
Nice work Christine. This looks lovely. But it's interesting, when I first saw it, it reminded me of the river near my home in Ohio :-)
Have a great weekend, jj
Terrific ACEO
Lovely painting Christine! Valerie
Someday, you should drive along the coast of East Honolulu. The blue, green, and purple colors of the ocean will dazzle you. Your picture today is very nice, Christine.
Love this Christine!!! nice work!
Great work Christine ^_^
Have a fantastic Sunday!
biodegradable sunscreen- that's pretty interesting. great piece! love the water color
Brilliant job...:)
It looks an amazing place and you captured it with warmth!
Wonderful ACEO ~ well done! Brava! ~namaste, carol (Share the Creative Journey) Happy SS ^_^
Yay Christine..this is another gorgeous one..I love your style..I know i keep telling you that..but i do! Fabulous..and what an awesome color-rush...love these colors together!
Victoria
I can see why the color inspired you! This is awesome!
Wow, underground rivers sound amazing! Love the texture in this ACEO
Oh, how beautiful...wonderful ACEO!
What a gorgeous painting Christine!
mary x
love the color of that water.
Love also the idea of biodegradable sunscreen. I wish all the world was like that, caring for life on our planet.
Well It's a very good art work .. clean and colorful !!
By the way, take a look on mine ..
http://ashbeezone.wordpress.com/2012/01/29/the-freedom-fighter-art/
Happy Sunday Sketches !!
Love the emerald green water...watre is a favorite subjetc for me and I love this...
I like the thickness of the paint which gives it texture, and the intensity of color.
love it Christine!
I wanna go! So pretty, xoxo
Post a Comment