Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday Sketches - Moon Set

Welcome to Sunday Sketches!

I recently returned from a vacation in Cuba.  The morning we left, I got up around 5 am and glanced out of our beach view hotel room.  This is what I saw (acrylic ACEO), a full moon setting over the water, it was pretty awesome:







17 comments:

Anonymous said...

a yellow moon with a chartreuse reflection? Can't get any better than that.

Kay said...

You just made me look out the window at our moon. :-)

Victoria said...

Wow..how dazzling..i love the color constrast..pure magic..awesome!!
Victoria

Anonymous said...

beautiful, thats lovely, the inspiration makes it even more so,

Heather said...

Gorgeous!! I love when you do the dark colored pieces!!! I have your painting right on my board on my desk! I lOVE IT!
xo

Joni Nickrent said...

I have to say this is one of my faves! Can' resist the moon!

Alicia C said...

a great farewell to a beautiful land

Theresa said...

That must of been an amazing experience to travel there! Your view is beautiful!

Kristin said...

It must have been breathtaking! How wonderful - I hope you had a great time and thank you for sharing your beautiful interpretation of that moment, xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine, thank you so much for following my blog and for leaving a comment. I like your painting :) Have a nice evening! Eva

Joanne Osband said...

Story well told in such vivid colors! You leave us in awe of your experience :)

Christine said...

Thanks so much for your comments everyone!

Heather, I love that you still have that painting on your board!

Molly said...

So pretty. Sounds like a great vacation!

Unknown said...

Wow, simple yet very stunning.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, simply beautiful!!

Hannah said...

Love your colour choices. Simple but effective :)

Lilac & Lavender said...

I love anything having to do with the moon... this is so beautiful on paper, I'm sure it was an amazing treat for you to see out your window :)