Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sweet Saturdays - Ducks in Winter

Welcome to Sweet Saturdays!

At year end, I went for a walk with a friend and we spotted these ducks by a stream as we were crossing over the bridge. It was snowy that day and quite beautiful.



15 comments:

Jehanne's doodles said...

Good shot! I am always amazed and amused by ducks in winter :)

Jennifer McLean said...

Ohh, I love ducks. We have a pair in our pond out front of the apartment. Smart little guys. They're the only ones to find us so they get all the food in the pond.
Best,
Jenn from JustAddWaterSilly.com, hopping from Sweet saturdays

(new follower!)

Unknown said...

Here in northern Italy we now have only crows and sparrows. In Spring we will have ducks and herons, too!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Great picture! Valerie

Lilac & Lavender said...

Love your photo of the snowy-day ducks :) Have a Sweet Saturday!

Anonymous said...

beautiful shot, I hope you're warmer today then I am!Its really cold here in my part of Ontario,,I think winter has arrived,

carol l mck said...

~ namaste, carol (A Creative Harbor) Happy SSs photo of the ducks ~ they look like Eider ducks

Heather said...

such a pretty picture. love the snow!

Anonymous said...

I clicked on your photo to enlarge it. Yes, it's quite beautiful. Good shot, Christine!

Anonymous said...

Christine. Love the shot. I like to create stories in 70-80 words are less about photos that speak to me, maybe you know that about me because I think you've inspired me to this before, okay, here goes,
Molly closed her book, Jane Eyre, with dreamy satisfaction. She decided on a walk even though quite cold. Her boots crunched across the snow; it was quite tranquil, then she saw a stranger carrying a gun on her land. She followed him. The ducks were floating in a hole of melted ice surrounded by banks of snow. She shouted NO. Angrily he turned. The ducks flew frantically; Molly, the heroine, knew more daydreams would come about this mysterious man.
Blessings Terri www.morningdewdrops.typepad.com

Kay said...

Awww... that's so cute!

Anne Butera said...

Beautiful! I love ducks. But seeing them in freezing water like that always makes me feel so cold!

miruspeg said...

Lovely shot Christine.
Looks rather chilly for the ducks but they seem to be enjoying themselves.
Peg xxxxx

Unknown said...

oh they are so cute!!!! what a sweet photo Christine!!!!! Thanks for joining in!!!!

Unknown said...

Very Sweet. So appropriate for sweet Saturday. Thanks for the blog visit and the birthday wishes on Sat. xx