Saturday, October 5, 2019

Wintermelon



My neighbour gave me another fuzzy squash. I found a video that stir fried it with peppers and garlic and just added a bit of sesame oil and soy sauce. Some recipes refer to this squash as wintermelon or 'chi qua' in this video. The squash peels readily using a potato peeler.

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This looks so good, just got up and now I am hungry! Have a great day, Valerie

Natalia said...

I haven't head about this before, but it looks yum stir fried! Btw I am so happy you tried abd enjoyed my chocolate nut bread☺

Chris Lally said...

Thanks for the link, Christine! Looks delicious. Will check out our local Asian market to see if I can find one:)

gigihawaii said...

My Thai friend likes to make winter melon soup. Delicious!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I've never had fuzzy squash; how interesting!

Icy BC said...

Wintermelon? That's interesting, and sounds delicious! Happy Weekend, Christine!

The Happy Whisk said...

Oh my gosh. What fun to try something like this.

Tanza Erlambang said...

Interesting....I should try it

dellgirl said...

I have never heard of Winter Melon before, thanks for introducing it Christine. That dish looks so delicious!

Happy Sunday Christine!

Evi Erlinda said...

It's better than the way I cook it; just stir fried with garlic then added small pinch of salt, that's it :)

Jennifer Rose said...

blagh lol cant stand squash, was forced to eat it as a kid and can't stand the texture

Lowcarb team member said...

A nice mix of flavours …

All the best Jan