Monday, October 28, 2019

Celeriac Mash


I was very pleased with making this celeriac mash in my blender. It is very similar to making mashed potatoes. You peel the celery root and cut it into cubes. Then you boil it with a tablespoon of salt for 20-30 minutes until it is fork tender. Transfer the celeriac cubes into the blender with 1/4 cup of milk, 1/4 cup of water, a handful of shredded cheese, salt and pepper to taste, a pinch of your favourite herb and a tablespoon of butter. Puree it in the blender.

This is a great low carb dish.  Of course if you don't like the taste of celery you won't like celery root. 

19 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Christine i must admit this is one vegetable that i havent tried yet,it looks like a yummy mash xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds wonderful! Valerie

Icy BC said...

I never have this before, but it looks yummy..

Jenn Jilks said...

I have never had this, that I know of!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, sounds delicious! I'll have to try this.

Tanza Erlambang said...

I should try to make it...look delicious...yummy

gigihawaii said...

Celery has a nice, refreshing flavor. I like celery seeds when I don't have celery stalks in the fridge.

The Happy Whisk said...

I'd try it minus the dairy. Sounds fun.

R's Rue said...

Yum.

Wanda said...

Well that's a new one on me! Very interesting.....New ways to do old dishes.

Adam said...

looks nice

sandy said...

I need to have my cook make this for me - if he does i'll let him continue living here, lol

Pam said...

Never heard of that. Neat. Very interesting.

Lowcarb team member said...

Just love celeriac mash - it's quite regularly on my menu plans :)

All the best Jan

Christine said...

Jan this dish was inspired by you!

Lowcarb team member said...

Thanks for the reply here Christine and your lovely comment on the low carb diabetic blog … appreciated :)

All the best Jan

Kay said...

I have never heard of this. Hmmm... Not a huge fan of celery though.

Evi Erlinda said...

I have never tried celeriac.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Never had celeriac before