Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Steamed Brussels Sprouts


This is my latest attempt at perfecting brussels sprouts. I cut them in halves and steamed for 5 minutes. Then I sauteed them in olive oil, butter, salt, pepper and minced garlic for 2 more minutes. It works!

20 comments:

Kay said...

I've never made Brussel sprouts and haven't seen them at the farmers markets here. However, that sounds really yummy.

dellgirl said...

This sounds delicious, I love brussel sprouts. I might give this a try.

Love Affair with Food said...

This sounds amazingly delicious. Thanks for sharing.

baili said...

looks like cabbage we have here dear Christine but smaller in size i think

i cannot remember if i see it around
looks appealing :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks delicious, yummy! Valerie

Pink Rose said...

Hi Christine it sounds yummy i am afraid i am the only one in our family that like them,lol xx

Chris Lally said...

Yum! Think I will pick some up today:)

Adam said...

Sounds good.

gigihawaii said...

Brussels Sprouts tend to be bitter, so if this recipe improves the taste, then it's a winner.

Sandra Cox said...

I'm a vegetarian, but I just can't cozy up to Brussel sprouts.

Evi Erlinda said...

A great idea, steamed before sauteed. Yum!

sufyan Yaan said...

natural food..healthy. I love the way you serve it. thank you.

Tanza Erlambang said...

fresh and healthy....yummy

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious! I should try them like this.

Lorraine said...

We love brussel sprouts. Might have to try your technique.

Lowcarb team member said...

We love Brussel sprouts in our house :)

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello again Christine …
Don't forget this super soup!
Brussels Sprouts and Cheddar Cheese Soup ... delicious !
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/2018/01/brussels-sprouts-and-cheddar-cheese.html

All the best Jan

Busy Bee Suz said...

They are one of my favorite veggies!!

Jennifer Rose said...

I don't know how people eat them, smell like stinky feet to me lol

Geraldine Helen said...

I love these...yumm!!😁