Sunday, October 27, 2019

Cranberry Sauce

My friend S suggested I try making my own cranberry sauce from fresh cranberries. The packet contains simple instructions and who knew, after all these years of just getting it from a can?

1 c sugar
1 c water
3 cups of cranberries

bring the sugar and water to a boil, add the cranberries and boil until the skins split, about 5 minutes.

Do you make your own cranberry sauce?

18 comments:

Evi Erlinda said...

Look perfect! I will try it.

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks great. I never made cranberry sauce! Valerie

baili said...

one of my sister in law owns fields where her husband grow cranberries in season
they use it for making many other drinks and things
they also gift it away to family members
and my hubby used to make cold drink for many years
tasty and refreshing but never made sauce

Christine said...

So easy to just grab a can too

Christine said...

The juice is recommended for keeping urine infections away.

Pam said...

Wow....love cranberry sauce and have NEVER made my own. That looks yummy.

Chris Lally said...

Yes, always make my own:)

Jenn Jilks said...

We always make our own. We lived in Bala, the cranberry capital! My daughter and granddaughter made it this year. Much fun.

Adam said...

Looks nice

gigihawaii said...

Cranberries go with roast turkey, don't they. So looking forward to Thanksgiving next month.

Natalia said...

Yummy, looks so good!☺

JFM said...

Definitely something that I will try.
Thank you Christine 🍂💮🍁

Pink Rose said...

Hi Christine thankyou so much for this recipe i am sure going to try it,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

peppylady (Dora) said...

Yes, I do make my own sauce.
Coffee is on

Anonymous said...

I always make my own cranberry sauce/jelly. Nothing compare to homemade!

Lowcarb team member said...

Now, that looks great :)

All the best Jan

Kay said...

I'm a can person myself. I like the ease of it.

Jennifer Rose said...

can't stand the stuff lol and luckily its not a thing here