Welcome to Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date!
The theme this week is 'pockets'. Here is my ACEO (2 1/2" x 3 1/2"). It is what came to mind when I first thought of pockets.
For the Dinner date, I am showing my steel cut oatmeal breakfast. This is a quick cooking type, very easy to make. Simply boil 3 cups of water, add a cup of quick steel cut oats and a 1/4 tsp of salt. Stir regularly for 5 - 7 minutes. I top it with a tablespoon each of brown sugar, milk and cream.


25 comments:
Cute roo and joey! I only saw signs of kangaroos yesterday at the zoo, it was way too cold for them to come out...
The kangaroo is very cute
Love that chubby creature with its baby in the pocket. And I love oats, too. Hugs, Valerie
Cool art. I made some oatmeal the other day with chicken broth. It was bad.
Cute art!
Love your sweet kangaroos. Also love the look of the oatmeal. Makes me hungry.
I always have a container of quick-cook steel cut oats in the pantry. Most of the time I eat it for breakfast (with chia seeds, raisins, and a drizzle of white balsamic vinegar), but occasionally I'll do a savory dinner dish.
cute kangaroo...and delicious dish...
Oh! How cute art.
Love your art, Christine! Now you have me craving oatmeal, too. :)
Love your "pocket" art. Ohhhh I really love a good blow of oats. Think I will make some right now. Have a great day.
I love steel cut oats, especially with nuts, apples and coconut thrown in.
A purrfect pocket piece:)
I love oatmeal, I have it pretty often.
Your pockets are SO CUTE. Looks like a stuffed toy.
We love oatmeal and of course mine is never as healthy as yours. I add a pad of butter, raw sugar and half/half! Yum A good breakfast.
Oh I love oatmeal. YUMMY! And cute kangaroo.
Linda pintura. Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.
...great pocket!
Yes, Indeed we were like minded this week and your little Kangaroo and Joey are adorable. I love oatmeal and I often buy Trader Joe's frozen and heat it in the microwave, then I add butter and brown sugar and milk ... so I think the butter, though it gives some flavor, makes my milk more like cream. Anyway, yes a yummy breakfast :) Try to stay warm, Christine ... because winter is here :(
Andrea @ From The Sol
Rick is a huge fan of steel cut oats. I like them with Brown sugar, too!
So creative on such a small area, love that roo with babe in it's pocket pouch, so cosy. The oats look delicious, always a breakfast fav for me with lots of berries x
Such a cute Kangaroo and Joey.
All the best Jan
I've heard that steel cut oats are supposed to be very healthy for you. We've never tried it. Art used to make oatmeal all the time but he hasn't lately. We've gotten too lazy in the morning.
I noticed that your blog post about the car clip for phones had no comment section. That was strange.
Thanks Kay, I turned the comments on.
Very cute kangaroo art and I always enjoy a bowl of oatmeal.
I love your "pockets"!! I eat oatmeal a lot in the winter, so good and comforting!
Post a Comment