Thursday, November 2, 2023

Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date - Cold And Rainy Theme and Kidney Bean and Roasted Kale soup


 Welcome to Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date.  The theme is 'Cold and Rainy' and here is my ACEO (2  1/2" x 3 1/2").  

Kidney Bean and roasted Kale soup

For the Dinner Date, I made this kidney bean and roasted kale soup.  I wanted to use up some leftover roasted kale chips.

2-3 tsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic minced
1 onion chopped
1 tomato chopped
2 14oz cans kidney beans (use whatever beans you have even one large can)
Bunch of roasted kale leaves 
1 can vegetable soup
3 cans water
Salt as and if required (the canned soup and the kale chips had enough salt)
1/2tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp dried oregano (I used the leaves removed from fresh sprigs)
1 tsp dried parsley

In olive oil, saute onion, add garlic, add tomato, oregano, parsley
Then add beans, soup, water, kale
Salt to taste if required

Simmer 20 mins

25 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Cold and grey here - sadly no rain, I´d so love to try out my new brolly....
Not the point... I still have not made roasted kale, ever!

Angie's Recipes said...

It's cold, rainy and very windy here too.

Gillena Cox said...

Wonderful art and yummy food. Happy November

Much🖤love

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

For sure it is raining in your picture ... and I am guessing it is cold. Your soup sounds delicious and it is also very healthy ... I won't add salt because it is bad for my blood pressure :) Stay warm, Christine ... we are having an early start to winter here and no Indian Summer so far :(

Andrea @ From the Sol

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Over this way snow and chilly.
Soup so good on rainy/snowy days.
Your soup looks delicious.
Lovely art.

Lorraine said...

It's definitely soup season!

Valerie-Jael said...

Soup is the right thing, it's cold and rainy here, too. I made a big pot of veggie soup yesterday! Hugs!

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Awesome art.

Mary Kirkland said...

The soup sounds good.

Kathy G said...

I made a similar soup the other day, but used cabbage instead of kale.

Lisabella Russo said...

What a wonderful ACEO and the soup looks delicious!

Sandra Cox said...

Love your piece and the soup sounds yummy.

roentare said...

The painting looks very moody. The soup looks tasty.

Jenn Jilks said...

Nicely done! We had M & M spicy chicken and rice!

peppylady (Dora) said...

It good time for bean soup.
Coffee is on.

My name is Erika. said...

I like your lady in the rain. And your soup is perfect for a wet day. I'm going to save this recipe for when I make some soup, which will be soon.

J.P. Alexander said...

Lindo y melancólico cuadro. Te mando un beso.

Tom said...

...Christine, you have a wonderful dish to warm up on a cold and rainy day. Be well.

DeniseinVA said...

Fun rainy day art and thanks for the recipe too. Just what is needed in that weather.

Tanza Erlambang said...

beautiful painting...
thank you for sharing recipe

Kay said...

You know what? I haven't made soup in a LONG time. I need to defrost my bottles of frozen soup broth.

Lowcarb team member said...

We've had quite a lot of rain recently.
I like your art and that soup is ideal for cooler days.

All the best Jan

Adam said...

Nice art

Rain said...

You really captured nice movement in your drawing Christine ☺ Oh, it's definitely soup weather! Got the winter tires on this week too!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

On Thursday, we were just coming out of the deep freeze and heading to warmer weather. Soup sounds great, too.