Welcome to Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! This is my Landscape ACEO (2 1/2" x 3 1/2") for our theme this week.
For the Dinner Date, I am sharing my Italian style swiss chard recipe with you. I have made it twice now and love it!
4 cloves garlic minced
1/2c lemon juice
bunch of rainbow chard ( stems cut into 1/2" pieces, leaves cut into 1 1/2" pieces)
1/4 c wine (I use port wine as I usually have that on hand)
2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs unsalted butter
sprigs of basil chopped
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 onion chopped
1 tomato chopped
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1/2c grated parmesan (I use grano padano)
1/4 c water
Saute onion, garlic, salt, basil, parsley, red pepper in olive oil and butter.
Add tomatoes.
Add wine, simmer 3 minutes
add chard stems, saute for 10 minutes until tender
add leaves, lemon juice, parmesan and water. Saute for 10 more minutes until leaves are wilted.
Enjoy!


28 comments:
Mogła bym jeść i patrzeć na obraz. 💗
Hola! el cuadro es precioso y las acelgas tienen un aspecto delicioso. Besos
To summer, and hmmmm, looks yummy!
What a lovely landscape Christine it depicts so many different things that could be growing within it.
The swiss chard sounds delicious... Thanks for the recipe
Take care Tracey x
Happy Thanksgiving dear Christine !
loved the splendid landscape wow
The painting is beautiful. Calm and warm.
Dear Christine, it's nice that your landscape is blooming - it brings back pleasant memories of warmer times. I like your way of preparing the chard.
All the best, Traude
🍂🕯️☕🍂☕🕯️🍂
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/11/calexico-gansebraten.html
Dear Christine, it's nice that your landscape is blooming - it brings back pleasant memories of warmer times. I like your way of preparing the chard.
All the best, Traude
🍂🕯️☕🍂☕🕯️🍂
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/11/calexico-gansebraten.html
Lovely recipe! Adoring the artwork too!
Lovely artwork. Great to see this recipe! All the best to your November! Happy Thanksgiving from the states!
Wonderful Thursday post! Love this landscape! Great to know about this veg dish too!
Beautiful art.
Lovely art!
Good job!
Love the painting, Christine!
beautiful art and good recipe!
HUg Elke
I love your landscape with all the little flower and yummm on the food too. Have a nice TG.
Beautiful piece and lovely food! Hugs, Valerie
Lovely art and delicious food.
Enjoy the remainder of Thursday and have a happy Friday :)
All the best Jan
Linda pintura y gracias pro la receta. Te mando un beso.
...your landscape is lovely, Swiss chard is something that I've never had.
Very pretty art and another delicious meal.
Beautiful landscape, Christine. I don't think I've ever had swills chard.
Christine, I've come to visit you from Jan's blog and I find some delicious chard that reminds me of the one my mother used to prepare to accompany meats. Greetings from Argentina siempreseraprimavera.blogspot.com
I love your art ... it looks so warm and cheery. That's not what I see when I look out my window anymore. The only time I like winter is when we get a lovely, beautiful white snow. The rest of winter is gray days. I also love your Swiss Chard recipe ... looks good and I am sure it is a healthy dish. I am copying your recipe to try :P Have a lovely weekend, Christine ...
Andrea @ From the Sol
Good grief. That was supposed to be SWISS chard, not swills chard!!! My brain is faster than my fingers.
Love that little landscape. The recipe does look delicicous.
Beautiful landscape Christine!! ♥
Post a Comment