I took this photo in the local park a few weeks ago. It is about a hundred foot tall. At first I thought it looked like a whimsical fairy door then I realize it may not be a healthy tree. Hopefully it doesn't crash in the next windstorm. The city has arborists who maintain the trees, their health and otherwise. I noticed they have cut down a few of these old trees.


19 comments:
A sad sight indeed...
The tree is sickly looking in a good way I think
There are some of those trees in our neightbourhood too.
Those almost look like feet. I am sure it has been through much more than we know.
Unfortunately, trees do come down in all the hard weather we are having. And it might have been snow storms and such from over a decade ago. Great photo!
We have lots of trees that should come down too. I am glad its in a place where they can check it's health.
I hope it stays up.
Hola! parece un árbol con muchos años. Besos
I would think it probably depends how deep the damage is whether the tree can live with this or not, but it's a good thing the city has arborists to take care of trees. It would be a shame for both the tree and anything it damages should it fall.
That DOES look like a sick tree.
Send your pics to those city arborists and ask them what's going on. You wouldn't want the tree or branches falling on humans or critters. Linda in Kansas
I wonder if there is a critter living in the tree, gutting it making things worst.
Only problem is it can just fall and cause an accident in slight wind.
Always sad to see an old tree cut down. Good to know the arborists are taking note.
Christine you are very observant! What would we do without trees!
Pobre árbol. te mando un beso.
Linda I have reported the problem, thanks.
Actually, it looks like some animal is living in there.
It's a good thing your city has arborists to take care of trees.
All the best Jan
Post a Comment