Monday, November 20, 2023

Brussels sprouts and cheddar cheese soup



 I got this recipe from Jan at the Low Carb Diabetic for Brussels sprouts and cheddar cheese soup.  Here is my slightly modified recipe.

3 tbs olive oil

1 onion chopped

2 cloves garlic minced

900 ml low sodium chicken stock

1 package of frozen brussels sprouts warmed up

4 tbs light cream

1 c grated cheddar cheese

1 tsp salt (or to taste)

1/2 tsp pepper 

heat oil, saute onions, add garlic.  Add sprouts, stock and bring to a boil.  Stir in cream, cheese, salt, pepper.  Simmer until cheese is melted.  Blend with an immersion blender.



28 comments:

Kay said...

You are such an amazing cook, Christine. I am a very lazy cook who cooks the same thing all the time.

dellgirl said...

This sounds delicious, thank you for sharing this easy looking recipe. Wishing you all the best, have a wonderful week and a Happy Thanksgiving!

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Delicious.

roentare said...

That looks yummy

Angie's Recipes said...

Love Cheddar, esp. the aged one.

Ivy's Closet said...

It looks so delicious! Thanks so much for the recipe!

Granny Annie said...

I love brussel sprouts but never heard of soup. Sounds wonderful.

gigi-hawaii said...

High in cholesterol. Bad for my arthrosclerosis.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Awww...I want to try this!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

My husband loves brussel sprouts, Christine. I'll be sure to show him this recipe.
Blessings!

Sandra Cox said...

Doesn't this sound good. Thanks for sharing.

Valerie-Jael said...

This sounds delicious!Have a great week, hugs!

Las Locuras de Ahyde said...

Gracias por la receta, se ve deliciosa. Besos

Hena Tayeb said...

Oh yum. I'm always looking for new soup recipes.

Hilly Nicolay said...

Looks nice.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I would try this any day. I will probably copy this to my veggie files.

Adam said...

Sounds nice

Mary Kirkland said...

I love Brussel Sprouts. This sounds good.

Jenn Jilks said...

What a great choice! I like this.

Kathy G said...

That soup sounds wonderful.

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

dellgirl said...

Christine, thank you for visiting my blog the other day. Your visits and comments are truly appreciated.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I do like soups.
Had soup for lunch.
Coffee is on.

My name is Erika. said...

I'm catching up from yesterday. This looks yummy and maybe I should use the ones in my post to make some. Hope you had a great Monday.

DVArtist said...

OMGosh this looks so good. I think I will make it tonight, rather Mr. M. will make it. LOL

Lowcarb team member said...

Yummy and it's soup season at the moment with cooler weather ...
Many thanks for the link back to the low carb diabetic blog :)

All the best Jan

DeniseinVA said...

I love Brussel Sprouts. Never thought of putting them in a soup. Looks great, definitely going to give this a try. Thanks Christine!

Lorraine said...

This looks promising. I am going to try this soon.