Welcome to Rains's Thursday Art and Dinner Date! The theme is 'Trains' and here is my ACEO (2 1/2" x 3 1/2").
For the Dinner Date, I made this kale beet salad. It was delicious! I had to remind myself that beets can be eaten raw. It adds a nice crunch to the salad.
bunch of kale leaves thinly sliced
2 large beets or 3 small beets peeled and cut into strips
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
1/3c apple cider vinegar
1 tbs honey (or 1 tsp sugar)
1 clove garlic minced ( or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
1/2 c olive oil
1/2 c slivered almonds (optional)
1/2 c crumbled goat cheese
Make the dressing by mixing salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, oil, vinegar, honey, garlic, olive oil
Toss beets and kale together, mix in dressing, add in goat cheese.
Here is the link I used for this recipe.


28 comments:
Your little train looks great!
My husband is a salad eater, but if I had one bite of that salad, my tummy would hurt for at least two days LOL...the train art looks lovely, Christine.
Nice train :-) Interesting, I´ve neither eaten raw so far - will keep it in mind, thank you!
Luv kale, i never teamed it with beet. That's one to try.
Nice train
Much🖤love
Thanks for the recipe! Awesome train too!
Fantastic art! Love the pot of orange!
Great salad too!
Great to know about this salad! Lovely the artwork, too!
I do love the train and the salad looks luscious.
Love youe train, enjoy your salad! Hugs, Valerie
Awesome art.
Good work.
nice painting....love the colors
Love the train...and anything with beetroot is a winner for me x
I do like both beets and kale.
I've always been a big fan of trains, Christine. Loved your art work!
Beautiful art work
Salad looks great. Train art is beautiful.
The train is looking amoprhic
I haven't a salad for a few days and this one looks delicious. And I like your train too.
Good job on the train and the salad looks yummy.
I've never made a kale salad, but you've made it sound so good that you're tempting me.
Linda pintura. Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.
Your train is out of this world. Leave out the pepper flakes and I would eat this any day.
...this BIG boy still loves trains!
You did an excellent job painting the train, and the salad looked yummy. Have a great weekend Christine :)
I love a good beet salad. Haven't tried it with kale yet.
Nice art and I like the look of the salad recipe.
All the best Jan
Nice salad! I love the flavour combination of beets and goat cheese!
Post a Comment