Saturday, September 3, 2022

Summertime Lunch

Seated Near the Patio

Crab Cakes

Fish Tacos

White Sangria and Fried Cauliflower Appetizer

 It was mid-August when husband M and I had a lovely restaurant lunch with our friend and financial advisor.  M had the fish tacos and I chose the crab cake.  We sat near the patio so we could enjoy the summer breezes while being in the shade indoors.  We ordered the fried cauliflower appetizer and I chose a white Sangria as my drink.  Our financial advisor had a tuna salad, he was recently alerted to a high cholesterol problem and is trying to change his red meat diet.

 I noticed the restaurants are catering to changing dietary needs.  My crab cakes were pretty much low carb.  The waitress happily substituted a salad in place of the fries that came with husband M's fish taco meal selection.

Hope you are enjoying your long Labour Day weekend if you live in Canada. 

17 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Fish taco sounds great!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your meal sounds very delicious. Here, too, they are always willing to swap an item in a meal with no fuss, which is good! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I could certainly eat any of these. Yummy looking food and nice that SOME restaurants have gotten the word to change dietary habits. Here in Kansas, we are the beef state and the wheat state, so gluten and beef are served in every restaurant in town. You have to search long and hard for healthy choices in restaurants here!

Happy Labour Day while we celebrate our own Labor Day. We just spell it shorter (grin)!

Ananka said...

Over here in Scotland we are way ahead of the times and been catering for dietary needs for a while now. Having a food intolerance, you appreciate these things!

Great place :-D

Tanza Erlambang said...

sound delicious food...
Have a great weekend

Ivy's Closet said...

Such a beautiful place. Lovely meal! It seems our brunch places are making sure you get in your greens these days and lots more healthy smoothies too!

ClaudiaMorningstar said...

Crab cake looks delicious.

Iris Flavia said...

The fried cauliflower sounds very yummy, and, despite not being a seafood person, it all looks great - and summer, friends... all fun!

Lorraine said...

Sounds like a delightful lunch all around. It's nice to find restaurants that are accommodating to special diets. Having a go at that now myself.

DVArtist said...

Ohhh I do love crab cakes. Your meal looks wonderful. Have a nice weekend.

Wanda said...

Your healthy lunch looks delicious. I often substitute fries for fruit or salad. Trying to stay healthy here too.

Mary Kirkland said...

I'm low carb too so this looks good to me.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I do like crab cake
Coffee is on and stay safe

J.P. Alexander said...

Se ve muy rico me dio ganas de los pasteles de cangrejo. Te mando un beso.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your meals look and sound delicious.

All the best Jan

Busy Bee Suz said...

That looks like a great lunch!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a really nice place and the food looks delicious. We really enjoy going out to eat, especially when we meet up with friends.