Sunday, September 11, 2022

Amaryllis update

Amaryllis bulb

bulb to paper bag

 Around Christmastime last year I had received an amaryllis plant.  According to what I researched I had planted it outside in the spring, the stems had died away and it was time to unearth the bulb.  I have stored it in a paper bag in the basement and at the start of December I will bring it out, repot it and hopefully it will bloom again with careful watering and sunshine.

15 comments:

Ivy's Closet said...

Good luck! I hope it works. One of our strongest plants we have in our yard is a rhubarb plant that we dug up when the neighbors had moved next to us when we were in military housing (ages ago and no telling how long it had been there) replanted and it reproduced. When we moved from there we replanted it again. And we had rhubarb again and again. Then my dad separated it, giving it to different family and it is still doing well.

Jenn Jilks said...

What a great idea! I should order some. Mine had all died.

Jenn Jilks said...

I just ordered some. Thanks for the reminder!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I never had good luck with amaryllis, although others seem to. Good luck with it growing and producing flowers.

Cherry Blossoms said...

All the best to your plant! You do have a way with plants.

Ananka said...

Hopefully! They do need so much love and care plants :-D My plum tree failed this year :-|

Królowa Karo said...

Amaryllis is a beautiful flower!

Kay said...

I'm sure it will, Christine. I've done that a lot of times in Illinois and was so happy to see them bloom again.

dellgirl said...

This is very interesting. Thank you for sharing it. Wishing you well, my friend. Have a wonderful Sunday night!

Lowcarb team member said...

Good luck with it growing and producing flowers.
Amaryllis is beautiful.

All the best Jan

Jennifer Rose said...

always wanted to plant one of those, the flower is just gorgeous!

J.P. Alexander said...

Esperó que florezca, tu planta. Te mando un beso.

Veronica Lee said...

Best of luck with it growing and flourishing!
Have a great week ahead, Christine!

Anonymous said...

I hope it blooms again! The flowers are amazing.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I hope it works for you!