For the dinner date I made chicken teriyaki and seasoned Japanese rice.
First I baked the chicken legs 375F for an hour, turning after 30 minutes. Then I made my own teriyaki sauce.. Then mixed the sauce with the chicken legs. It goes well with seasoned Japanese rice (or sushi rice).
Teriyaki Sauce:
2 tbs soy sauce
2 tbs mirin
2 tbs sake for cooking (I probably used drinking sake)
1 tbs white sugar
Mix the ingredients together and reduce the sauce to 70%, it takes about 5 minutes.



25 comments:
Good job with Eagle Silhouette! Teriyaki sauce is like a magic sauce. I love it.
Love your eagle and oh, that sounds yummy! (I prefer breast, though).
Lovely art and wonderful food! Hugs, Valerie!
Have a nice Thursday.
Luv the silhouette art and yummy food
much๐love
Fabulous artwork, Christine! And thanks for the teriyaki sauce recipe.
Looks like a great date night! Yummy food! Love the artwork too๐๐๐๐๐๐๐
Lovely painting. Silhouettes are striking. You have brought back memories of my moms chicken teriyaki. She would do small pieces and we would take them on picnics.
I haven't been commenting but I have been following you daily. You keep a busy and entertaining blog.
Chicken with Teriyaki sauce and Japanese rice looks great. It sounds good for the dinner. What a lovely art (Eagle Silhouette) Dear friend. Greetings.
Looks so good! Awesome art too!
Art is splendid and food looks yummy :)
Wow this is so pretty. Good looking dinner too. Have a nice day.
Great artwork, love the color combinations. Your chicken meal is one I would like to try, it looks delicious!
Comfort food and fabulous art!!
-Soma
Of course you know I would love your Eagle ... wonderfully done, Christine! And, Chicken Teriyaki is a fav around here. Your Chicken looks juicy and yummy and homemade Teriyaki sounds like a wonderful idea ... may have to try it. I will be forced to get a bottle of Sake ... the drinking version of course. Don't know if I can bear to do it, Ha! Love your post today, Christine ...
Andrea @ From The Sol
Beautiful art
Bella รกguila, me encanto. El pollo se ve genial
...the eagle makes a wonderful silhouette.
Great artwork and nice :-D
Oh this is wonderful ~ very creative work ~ Xo
Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days ~ Xo
A ShutterBug Explores ~
aka (A Creative Harbor)
love the eagle :)
Gosh! I haven't made teri chicken in such a long time. You are motivating me.
I do like the eagle.
All the best Jan
What a lovely eagle and the dinner date looks delicious!
Beautiful eagle!
Post a Comment