Thursday, September 1, 2022

My September 2022 Art Calendar Page and Rain's Art and Dinner Date


 Here is My September 2022 Art Calendar Page.  The quote I chose was:

We know that in September, we will wander through the warm winds of summer's wreckage. We will welcome summer's ghost.

Henry Rollins



Rain's theme for the art date is 'Mazes'.  Here is my maze ACEO (2 1/2"  3 1/2)") using watercolour markers.




For Rain's Art and Dinner Date I made this Chinese Chive and Salmon dish back in the summer when my neighbor was giving me a lot of these chives from his garden.  Chinese chives are different than regular chives they are used more as a vegetable than a herb.  I cut a bunch of the chives into 1 1/2" segments.  Then I stir fry them for a few minutes in olive oil with a dash of salt and pepper and a few tablespoons of Chinese cooking wine.  Remove to a plate, then drain a can of salmon and saute it in a bit of olive oil and a dash of pepper.  Mix the chives in and you have a delicious dish.



28 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Happy September, Christine! Salmon and Chinese chives sound really great together.

Hilly Nicolay said...

We are going so slowly autumn in Christine.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your calendar is lovely and I love that quote, too. Your maze is wonderful. It looks like a real 3-D maze, too.

I had no idea you could buy canned salmon, but your meal sounds tasty and easy, too.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful calendar page and quote! Any you food always looks delcious. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Looks wonderful! And you didn't invite me over!

Anonymous said...

Happy September, Christine! I hope you have a wonderful month ahead.

Ivy's Closet said...

Happy September! Some cool greens in this post...both foodie and in art.

Better Left Unsaid said...

Awesome quote! Lovely art and great dish too!

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Beautiful art.

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I love that quote. I am going to copy that one down. And nice mase piece too. Happy new month Christine. hugs-Erika

Pam said...

LOVEthe leaves. That is so nice. Fave colors this time of yr.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I've never heard of Chinese Chives before; very interesting. Lovely art projects. Happy September!

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Fabulous maze and the food looks so delicious.

-Soma

Gillena Cox said...

The food sounds delicious. Luv the maze art.
Happy you dropped by my blog

Much💖love

Iris Flavia said...

I like the idea of summer staying as a ghost. A lot. Thank you.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I love your September Calendar page ... where have I been? Have you been making Calendar pages all along? And your maze ... have you ever been in a maze like that? I have and I got the anxious feeling again just looking at your painting. Where I used to live there was a farmer who had a new maze in his cornfield every year. People came from all over to try to get through it ... it was tough and at least one time we had to have someone come find us LOL. Very cool post, Christine and where does one get those Chinese chives ... that looks like a delicious salmon dish I would like to try :)

Andrea @ From the Sol

Mary Kirkland said...

I'll have to try those chives. I'm trying all kinds of new vegetables. lol

Ane said...

Hum...parece apetitoso!
Eu comeria com macarrão ou arroz.
Gosto de peixe e de cebolinha.
<3 Beijos! :)

Christine said...

probably would find chinese chive in a Chinese grocery store.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your calendar page.
A lovely maze
Great sounding food.

Have a great September.

All the best Jan

Ananka said...

Love page for the new month and love the art :-D

Jenn Jilks said...

I haven't had chives in ages! I suppose it is too late for this year. Lovely sketches!

J.P. Alexander said...

Genial pintura te mando un beso.. Buena receta. Te mando un beso.

Tom said...

...I love your quote. Mazes are too frustrating for me.

carol l mck said...

Lovely art work for September ~ and yummy food ~ Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days ~

A ShutterBug Explores,
ala (A Creative Harbor)

Lorraine said...

I love seeing your calendar pages and the quotes that you choose. Lovely painting.

NatureFootstep said...

I loved your calendar. It is beautiful :)

Empire of the Cat said...

Love your maze!