We went with a good friend to a Chinese dim sum restaurant recently. I had never seen robots in there serving the dishes before. Each robot had a table number displayed and you could remove the dishes from the trays yourself. Someone came to help us if we didn't take the dishes off the robot trays. You can't help thinking that more servers were out of jobs now.
22 comments:
I remember something like that a long time ago. That would kind of unnerve me.
I still want the contact with human beings...
A bit scary....I think I prefer to be served by humans! Happy weekend, hugs, Valerie
Yes, with everything happening in the food service these days..I can see more of this happening, but I haven't seen any here yet. I am sure it's coming.
Do you tip the robot?
Oh they ask for a tip when you pay that is never forgotten
I wonder if the robots are a result of not being able to find employees.
Super post
Hard to say and in that case it is not a bad thing
aww... interesting
Oh wow, that's crazy.
Oh wow, I had no idea they had those.
I think I prefer to be served by humans :)
Enjoy your weekend.
All the best Jan
I have never seen a robot server. I have been a server and can't imagine not having the personal touch when it comes to dining.
Verdade, com certeza empregos foram perdidos...
Os robôs, para o bem ou não, estão cada vez mais
presentes nas nossas vidas.
Bom fim de semana!
🌼😘
I have to wonder if some people are rude to these robot server. I seen some super rude people with food server.
Coffee is on and stay safe
Good morning!! I am also blogging with you.
ប៉ក់ទឹកតាមកាស៊ីណូអនឡាញ
Our local restaurant had to close another day a week (Wed.) since they didn't have servers. Crazy times.
That's interesting! I haven't witnessed this yet.
wouldnt be getting a tip from me, that makes no sense to give them a tip
Never seen this before!
I don't like using the self checkout at stores and probably wouldn't like this either.
Post a Comment