Thursday, September 22, 2022

Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date - Harvest Dinner and Kale Soup

Welcome to Rain's Art and Dinner Date. I am showing my harvest dinner piece ACEO (2 1/2" x 3 1/2").


 For the dinner date I am showing these guacamole chips that daughter L made in the summer. She was using up this tub of guacamole dip and added some shredded cheese to the mix.  

I also made some kale soup using my bean soup recipe.  Simply add the chopped up kale in the last 10 minutes of simmer.  I used white beans here.  It was so good!



29 comments:

roentare said...

The bean soups look gorgeous

Angie's Recipes said...

The guacamole dip with cheese looks really good.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely painting and yummy food!

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Interesting subject in the painting;-)

ellie said...

Looks great! Fun painting too!

Better Left Unsaid said...

Very yummy soup!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Lovely yummy post!

Ivy's Closet said...

I would love to try that soup! Beautiful post!

My name is Erika. said...

Great painting and your food looks so yummy. I've been thinking about making some bean soup lately. It is so good, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

The food looks so yummy! I'll have to try that bean soup. We eat a lot of soups!

Gillena Cox said...

OMG all so delicious even the ACEO😊

much💛love

Gillena Cox said...

Yummy post even your ACEO😊

MUCH💛LOVE

Pam said...

Great painting, however, I pass on the kale.

Iris Flavia said...

Your painting looks great, as does the pic.
Oh, Kale, I can´t wait - one of the few good things of the cold half of the year!

Sakuranko said...

Oh very good painting

Carola Bartz said...

Your painting is perfect for this week's prompt. The soup looks very tasty.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Great painting and thanks for the link to that recipe. I love hearty bean type soups. Yours looks delicious.

Ananka said...

Good painting and hmmm yes to the soup :-D

Jenn Jilks said...

I love your art! I've been facing a block lately. Good work.

J.P. Alexander said...

Linda pintura me dio hambre. Rica cena me dio ganas de la sopa. Te mando un beso.

Haddock said...

I love kale soup.

Tom said...

...we will have turkey and all of the fixin' for our Thanksgiving dinner. I can't wait.

Fundy Blue said...

A scrumptious looking painting and food, Christine! Have a great weekend!

DVArtist said...

Ohhh wonderful food in art and real life. Have a great day.

Jeanie said...

This looks awfully good,Christine. And super healthy! Thanks for stopping by my blog, too!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Your artwork is, of course, perfect. The Guacamole chips are to die for as is your soup ... can you tell it's almost dinner time and I am starving? Love it all, Christine ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your painting, and the soup looks good.

All the best Jan

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your painting was perfect. And that kale soup looks heavenly.

Lorraine said...

Sounds like your daughter is an adventurous cook also. They all look delicious - the turkey too!