Thai food is not my favourite, I find their sauces very strong but this dish I made is quite good.
The 'Blue Dragon' green curry paste I found at Walmart and used here was surprisingly mild. If you google, it says green curry is traditionally hotter than red curry. Anyway, here is my recipe if you are interested. You can experiment with Thai red or green curry pastes according to your taste:
2 tbs green curry paste
2 tbs canola oil
2 gr onions chopped
1 tsp dried basil
600g (40-60 peeled deveined shrimp)
1/2 c coconut milk
1 red bell pepper sliced (I used a small orange and a small red pepper)
1/2 c water
3/4 tbs fish sauce
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 tbs sugar
2 cloves garlic minced
Heat oil, add onion, then garlic. Add basil, sugar, curry paste. After a minute add shrimp and peppers, stir fry for a couple more minutes until the shrimp starts to cook. Stir in fish sauce, coconut milk, water, green onions for an extra 5 mins until shrimp is opaque.
I used the remaining can of coconut milk to make a coconut rice. I just added the coconut milk with extra water to a cup of rice in my rice cooker with a bit of salt and pepper.
20 comments:
It looks nice too Christine!
This looks wonderful! Yummy! Valerie
omom ale bym jadła;D
I live Thai food but it doesn't agree with me ,hope your day is a good one Christine xx
It's really flavorful.
Looks wonderful.
I love that you found a use for the leftover coconut milk.
Sounds like a winner! Thanks, Christine:)
This looks amazing!
This is a basic recipe. Thai cuisine takes some getting used to. But I like it the best of all cuisines. Better than Korean and Japanese food.
I always have a package or two of curry paste in my pantry...it makes a wonderful base for a last-minute meal.
Soo Yummy I LOVE IT:*
Kisses:*
I have green and red curry paste in the fridge Christine, so thank you for this recipe. I didn't know that the green was hotter than the red. Enjoyed learning that bit of trivia, thank you. And thank you for the recipe. I will be trying this one.
that looks really really good! And reads good too. My sister is making me shrimp scampi when we visit over Thanksgiving....something I haven't had in years.
I don't eat shrimp, but I enjoy veggie curry! I'm glad you enjoyed yours! The soaps also look lovely.
Daisy loves anything Thai
We enjoy a Thai Curry Dish from time to time …
This does look good.
All the best Jan
Your making my mouth water.
Coffee is on
curry is my favorite...yummy
I am more interested in the coconut rice. I have never had that before and it is so simple.
I found you thru Musings. New follower.
I've never tried my hand at Thai food, but this really looks delicious and light. YUM!
Post a Comment