Thursday, June 25, 2020

Rain's Thursday Art Date - Heat Wave


Welcome to Rain's Thursday Art Date! Her theme is 'Heat Wave'. I did an ACEO (2 1/2" x 3 1/2") of a sweaty face. It is what heat waves make me think of, that horrible sticky, sweaty feeling that makes winter time seem so far away and unbelievably appealing.

24 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Good one. I have that feeling right now! Hugs, Valerie

Himawan Sant said...

Cool close up painting. Sweat is beautifully painted.

baili said...

Excellent job dear Christine

Seems you captured me well lol
So true that both seasons highlight the value of each other

Hilly Nicolay said...

This artwork matches the temperature here in the Netherlands.
It is very hot. pfffff....

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I often feel it dripping in my eyes. You have created a true gem, Christine. It sure exemplifies the heat we are all feeling this week.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

gigi-hawaii said...

That's a nice sketch. I can always turn on the a/c during a heat wave.

Jennifer Rose said...

great representation of the heat :)

Anonymous said...

Cute!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

o yes i don't like that either, great for the theme of rain and the picture is great painted too!
Greetings Elke

Ananka said...

It is a very good painting :-D

Wanda said...

VERY realistic, Christine. I wanted to wipe her face!! A really great job.

Jenn Jilks said...

Great work! We've the grandies next week. I hope to get them painting.

Busy Bee Suz said...

This was me today. Oh, wait, this is me everyday now. :) Great work!

sandy said...

very creative way to express heat. nice job.

dellgirl said...

Nice painting, Christine. I started to sweat just looking at it.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Great Angle

Hot guys said...

Horribly sweaty, indeed! 💦

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Now, I am impressed. I was going to put sweat on my little lady's face, but couldn't figure out how to do it ... your's is perfect and looks real. Care to throw out any hints as to how you accomplished it? This is a really creative drawing, catching only the important part of the face ... you have style, Christine :)

Andrea @ From the Sol

NatureFootstep said...

Well, as I mentioned on IG, I still look likt that :( I use the bands for training to pick up the sweat. :)

DVArtist said...

OH a great direction to go in. Excellent.

Gillena Cox said...

OMG luv your heat wave response Christin
Much💖love

Lowcarb team member said...

A very good painting.
We have been experiencing hot weather here in the UK.

All the best Jan

Rain said...

Hi Christine!! I love the sweaty face, great job on the drops!! Oh, I have to say no matter how hot it gets, winter doesn't appeal to me! :)