Monday, June 22, 2020

A different world

broccoli and ground beef stir fry


I saw on the news that cooking is therapeutic and that following recipes is also beneficial in that it helps you focus and learn.  I am Sharing my broccoli, celery and ground beef stir fry with you today.

Last week I had to go to the bank, I had not been inside in many months.  A security guard opened the door for me.  There were social distance markers everywhere and plexi glass screens around the tellers who wore masks,  very similar to the grocery stores.  One of the tellers said hello to me, recognizing me beneath my mask. We exchanged pleasantries.  I was actually at another teller's station. 

We walked by a coffee shop.  The tables inside had chairs turned on top of them and the outside patio furniture was not in service either.    There were several curbside pickup spots set up outside.  It was a different world out there.  I really have just been going to the grocery store the past few months.

At least the weather was fantastic.

18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your food looks great. The world has really changed, that#s true! Keep safe, hugs, Valerie

Sakuranko said...

Oh very nice recipe darling
xx

Natalia said...

Yum, I love meals like this!

Hilly Nicolay said...

Looks good and also healthy.

Pam said...

Even though we are on our 3rd phase of opening up, things are still so un-normal. I figure come flu season, this will kick in full force again and our world will flip upside down again....if it ever turns back up right that is.

Silver in AZ said...

yes, things are completely different. I don't see that changing any time soon, unfortunately.

gigi-hawaii said...

Interesting world out there, that's for sure. David runs most of the errands.

Ananka said...

Looks healthy :-D

Yes things are sooooo different :-|

JFM said...

Wonderfully healthy meal.
Banking is a whole new adventure in this pandemic as are other things we took for granted before our world was turned upside down.

Jenn Jilks said...

I simply haven't ventured out too much. Some Perth stores are closed, too. Crazy times.

Lowcarb team member said...

I think your food looks delicious.
We still haven't been out very much … but yes, it's a different world now isn't it.

All the best Jan

sandy said...

that dish looks good. yum. i have been out and about a lot and gotta say, down the mountain, in the city you would hardly know what's going on. Stores with people in them, a lot not wearing masks however, that was before the mandatory thing in california came back with masks. But at the lake yesterday walking around hardly anybody had their masks on.

DeniseinVA said...

Thanks for the dish, it is the kind of meal that we enjoy. I haven't been out much and have had our groceries delivered. I do miss our grocery runs but but there are so many cases in our area and am considered in that vulnerable group, I am too nervous about going out even with masks on. Something to look forward to.

Busy Bee Suz said...

That looks yummy to me; therapy or not.

miruspeg said...

That stir-fry looks delicious Christine.
We have been very very fortunate here in Australia.
Living on a large island certainly has it's advantages.
Take care dear friend
Peggy xxxx

baili said...

dish looks appealing dear Christine though broccoli is available in winters here only

this is nice that she recognized you despite of mask
your descriptions about totally changed view is saddening though every place here also looks unfamiliar

Anonymous said...

Definitely a different world!

Kay said...

We went to the bank just one time and it was way too crowded for us to be comfortable in. We go grocery shopping, but we check the traffic at the store first.