Sunday, June 14, 2020

No Knead Artisan Bread

wonderful double rise





I found some instant yeast at the grocery store and set about making this bread that I saw on Natalia's blog. Natalia was inspired by Sally's Baking Addiction.  Coincidentally I had browsed this same recipe on my own the day before.  I noticed that Sally used instant yeast and decided to try her recipe directly. It is a fantastic beginner bread recipe, I may just stay at the beginner level as it is easy and absolutely delicious!

For your information, 'Active dry yeast and instant (or rapid-rise) yeast are the two most common yeasts available to us as home bakers. The two yeasts can be used interchangeably in recipes, but active dry yeast needs to be dissolved in water before using while instant yeast can be mixed right into the dough.' I got this information from this link.

Here are my notes based on Sally's recipe if you would like to try this easy no knead bread:

3 1/4 c flour
2 tsp instant yeast
2 tsp coarse salt
1 1/2 c cool water 70 F or even room temp, just not warm
corn meal for dusting the baking pan, optional

In a large bowl mix flour, instant yeast, coarse salt  with  a whisk
pour in cool water
mix together with a spatula, may need to add a couple more teaspoons of water until all the flour is blended in, the dough may be sticky
shape into a rough ball (I just used the spatula, never touched the dough too much)
cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise 2-3 hours until doubled
put in fridge overnight for 12 hrs to 3 days

add a dusting of flour and cornmeal to the baking sheet
(can line baking sheet with parchment paper beforehand to prevent sticking)
place dough on tray, cut dough in half, shape rolls (no need to turn them over in the dusting flour)
loosely cover, rest 45 mins
make 3 scores 1/2"deep across each roll (I used the edge of my spatula as it is so sticky)
pour boiling water into a bake pan and place on the  bottom rack of oven for a more crispy texture
bake in a preheated oven  425F 15 mins (in my oven)  until crust is golden brown (gently tap loaves if they sound hollow,  bread is done)

Eat warm!

NB Sally's recipe says 475F 20-25 mins



11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

The bread looks really delicious, enjoy! Hugs, Valerie

Present by M said...

That bread look so delicious. Thank you for sharing recipe.

New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/06/dior-backstage-custom-eye-palette-001.html

Jenn Jilks said...

Nicely done. I'm giving away my bread machine to someone who can use it. This looks yummy!

JFM said...

I love bread and this looks delicious 🍞

Ananka said...

Now this does look tasty :-D

DUTA said...

The dough, the loaves, and the slices look great!
"Artisan Bread" - that's a highly promising name for the bread!

gigi-hawaii said...

Sounds great! I love the aroma of bread baking and the taste of warm bread with butter.

Anonymous said...

wow great work! I want to try it :)
Hi, would you like to follow each other?
fiftyshadesfashion.com

Pam said...

Its really good. I have made this before. I like playing with it by adding garlic or herbs or even cheese....

Lowcarb team member said...

Yum! The bread looks delicious …

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

The bread looks so delicious!