Saturday, June 6, 2020

Neighbours After All


This is a very well explained mask diagram.

Some non-essential stores have opened up recently and there have been very long lineups outside Ikea and Winners for example.  It is a good time to practice mask wearing.

It was hot and sunny yesterday 29C (or 84F).  I was outside weeding and bid my neighbour good morning.  He was going for a walk with his dog.  He remarked on how nice the weather was.  I told him the dog looked a lot bigger.  He agreed and said he is fully grown now. That is a very annoying little dog with a loud yappy bark, or perhaps he is just overly friendly.  Husband M doesn't like these neighbours as they don't often pick up their dogs' waste.  He has gone outside to reprimand them at least once.  I didn't see the harm in wishing the man a good morning however.  We are neighbours after all and it was such a nice morning!

14 comments:

Wanda said...

You did the right thing Christine. It has to start with us. It is irritating when people don't respect others and don't pick up after their pets. We had Molly for 15 years, and never went anywhere without having bags for her pickups. It's just the right thing to do!

Valerie-Jael said...

It's always better to be friendly! Yappy dogs and lazy owners can be irritating. Hugs, Valerie

David Mulyana said...

nice article guys :)

Elkes Lebensglück said...

It was a good thing, you still have to get along with the neighbor, so it always helps to get wet like your husband. These neighbors don't learn anything with their dog!

Pam said...

Another friend from my past growing up lost her hubs two days ago to the virus. He always wore his mask but stated that folks he worked with did not. He caught the virus, he is gone now. That makes two people I know that have lost someone they love, one I knew personally
and a older man is still in the hosp fighting still, 70 days. Lost both legs. This virus is strange with very little pattern for us to follow except underlying conditions....Yep, dog poops...pick up.

Natalia said...

It is best to have good relations with neighbours, have a lovely weekend!

Tanza Erlambang said...

yes, they are neighbors...a kind of family.

Have a wonderful weekend

gloriadelpilar_1994@yahoo.com said...

You are always nice Christine !

peppylady (Dora) said...

I am not of fan of yappy dogs. But I am still kind to them

Lowcarb team member said...

I always think it helps if you can have good relations with your neighbours …

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

You're kind, Christine. I agree that there's nothing wrong with wishing someone a good morning.

Kay said...

That’s a very good diagram for explaining the mask situation. But gosh... only 70%? Sigh... I hoped it would be more. Luckily everybody I’ve seen in Hawaii wears a mask. Thank goodness!
We had a neighbor that used to let her dog poop all over everybody else’s yard. My other neighbor finally went over and respectfully asked her to come and pick it up. I notice she gave her dog up to somebody else after that.

Ananka said...

I think dog owners should dispose of the poop. Nothing worse than standing in it :-(

It costs nothing to be nice :-)

Lorraine said...

Wearing a mask is the considerate thing to do - and follows the Golden Rule.