Tuesday, June 30, 2020

A few good things




And here we are at the end of June.

I was weeding in the backyard one morning and saw this canary orange finch at the other end of the yard. It was a lovely day and this finch going about his business in the quiet of the morning added to the magic.

Later on, I started  baking this no knead 100% whole wheat bread, courtesy of a youtube video by retired English cook John Kirkwood.  Every time the dough doubled in size, 3 rises in fact, it brought me such delight and a feeling of success! Then the dough baked up perfectly. Whole Wheat is a lot healthier than white bread.

 It wasn't a perfect day, but a few good things did happen!



17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your bread looks very good! Well done! Hugs, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Great bread!!!
Have a beautiful Day, Elke

gigi-hawaii said...

That bread looks good. Glad you had such a great day.

The Padre said...

Beautiful - Happy Last Day Of The Month

Cheers

gloriadelpilar_1994@yahoo.com said...

Looks amazing Christine !!

Ananka said...

It looks tasty!

Sandra Cox said...

What a wondrous day. An orange finch and homemade bread.

DeniseinVA said...

Your bread looks delicious! I really must try making bread again. It's been a long time since I did that but you've inspired me. Thank you for the link. I will take a look. I have never seen an orange finch before. The weather is hot and humid down our way. I don't do well in humidity so will delay my weeding for a while.

Hilly Nicolay said...


Usually there is something good in every day.
We sometimes have to think about it a little longer :)

Good evening!

Hot guys said...

Mmmm, it looks so good! 🔥 Bet it's tasty...

I know I'll start to drool if I keep watchin' those photos. 😛

Silver in AZ said...

I CAN JUST IMAGINE THE SMELL! mmmmMMMMMMmmmmmmmm

DUTA said...

No knead?! That's my kind of recipe. I'm always on the look for recipes with a 'no' - no work, no more than 3 ingredients, no bake, no glutten; you get the idea.

Jenn Jilks said...

I love fresh bread!

sandy said...

All i know is anyone who loves cooking and baking as much as you do impresses the heck out of me.

Lowcarb team member said...

That bread looks good …

All the best Jan

Kay said...

Oh wow! That is a gorgeous, perfect loaf!

Anonymous said...

The bread looks so delicious!