Sunday, June 28, 2020

Wary


Daughter L baked us a lovely cake for my birthday and for Father's Day on the 21st of June.  She is so thoughtful.

The following Tuesday, my hairdresser called to say he would be opening up the next day so I could now set up an appointment.  I thanked him and said I would call.  However I am not ready to go back too soon.  Hopefully, his business can get started  up again, despite wary customers like me. 

16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely cake, Lat your hair grow a bit, it won't hurt! Valerie

Hot guys said...

Hello, Christine! 👋🏻 I adore cakes and anything sweet, really. 😄 This one looks amazing! 💛🤍💛🤍 I wouldn't be surprised if you get asked for a recipe a couple times.

Sandra Cox said...

That cake looks luscious.
Waiting is smart, but I'm guessing your hairdresser will have plenty of clients:)

Busy Bee Suz said...

That is a very thoughtful cake; happy belated birthday.

Rain said...

Happy belated birthday Christine!! :) What a yummy looking cake! I'm kind of feeling the same as you, wary. Even though NB is doing very well now with covid, I'm still wearing a mask, keeping my distance and not going out as much as I used to.

gigi-hawaii said...

Yes, we must be careful. However, I survived my hair cut recently.

Natalia said...

Wow , that is stunning cake!

Sandi said...

The cake looks delicious! It may just be an optical illusion, but is one layer taller than the other? I like it. It is chic somehow, just a bit different!

I have not gone back to the salon yet either. I look like a typing mop at the moment.

JFM said...

Delicious looking 🍰
Think of yourself first.
Coved-19 is out there everyday looking for victim's to waylay and make life miserable 🌷

peppylady (Dora) said...

Now that looks like a lot of cake.

Hilly Nicolay said...


What a delicious cake it seems to me :)

I have already gone to the hairdresser, he is wearing a mask.
You can only come by appointment.

The Happy Whisk said...

Wonderful birthday cake!

Anonymous said...

No need to rush. Go when you are comfortable.

Ananka said...

Cake looks great :-D

Lowcarb team member said...

That cake looks delicious.

Go to the hairdresser when you feel comfortable and ready to do so.

All the best Jan

Kay said...

Your L is a sweetheart and such a good baker and cook.