Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Lily of the Valley


The is the lily of the valley in blooming in my garden. It smells so nice although it spreads so easily all over.  They are invasive poisonous plants, something to bear in mind if you have children or pets around.  I have posted this link before on that.

17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I Love these plants, but they don't grow well on balconies. Valerie

Hilly Nicolay said...


Beautiful flowers.
I also have them in the garden, but they do not bloom.

Should they be in the shade perhaps?

Greeting

ashok said...

Lovely flowers...

Busy Bee Suz said...

I can almost smell it myself.:)

Lady Fi said...

I like the smell outside, but it's too strong otherwise for me inside.

Red said...

I have lily of the valley and it takes a lot of work to control it. It's also a common native species.

Ananka said...

It looks nice! But not for as I have 3 furries <3

Elkes Lebensglück said...

beautiful the lily of the valley and so many bloom!

JFM said...

Beautiful photo !
We have these magical flowers in front of our house, too and I love them 🌷

gigi-hawaii said...

Lily of the valley looks nice. Did not know they are an invasive weed.

Lowcarb team member said...

I've always liked these … but yes, they can spread!

All the best Jan

Evi Erlinda said...

These flowers look pretty!

peppylady (Dora) said...

These are one of my fav flowers

The Happy Whisk said...

That's the reason that I don't like them. They are poison and spread and well, I have enough of that with the wild garlic mustard that grows in our woods. Although, at least that is an edible plant. Even still, it will, if allowed choke out the rest of the plants, so I rip it up.

Sandra Cox said...

They do have a nice fragrance.

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty plant. Sadly, it's much too invasive!

Kay said...

I loved my lilies of the valley, but we kept watch on it constantly because their traveling runners would spread so quickly into the lawn. However, they did smell lovely.